Tunze Stream Eco 6015 feedback

mortimersnerd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking at switching from a pair of XF350's to a Tunze Stream Eco 6015s and interested in real-world feedback as I've got an odd application. My tank is 36x36x24. The gyres are too powerful for that length when mounted horizontally at the top of the tank, moving sand at 30% while leaving some spots with too little flow due to the width. It seems like mounting the Tunze's in the corners pointed at each other with the wide cages would give similar flow (at higher percentage) while providing better coverage. Saving a little power, not having a powerhead mounted on a viewing pane, and the ability to be directly controlled by my Apex would also be perks. Anyone use these and have an opinion?

forestsofkelp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would work fine.

I have a 6015 and am switching to 3x 6015s from 2x Panta Rheis once the new hub version comes out.

I have a 48x30x30 tank. My 6015 with the wide cage gives nice wide flow across nearly the whole tank cranked to almost full. It broadens out rapidly from the powerhead but it’s not powerful enough to damage the net nearby. The pump is also silent. If you DM your email I can send you video of the flow

My corals enjoy it, I get great flow, great PE and it makes some flow across the bottom too without moving sand. Very easy to adjust with the dials, although the hub version is due to be released soon

The only issues is it needs to be cleaned every month or so; it’ll just seize without any significant calcification or anything. However cleaning it takes 5min. It’s also somewhat unsightly

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back