Tunze 3152 ATO is not strong enough to push water out of tube?

iLikeAlgae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
Just joined the community and first time posting here.
I recently set up my first saltwater tank, a 12 gallon UNS 90B, and got a free Tunze 3152 ATO from my friend.
I set it up following the youtube tutorials and manuals, and the pump works as expected when the low water level is detected by the sensor.
However I have noticed that the pump is not strong enough to push the water through the tube when I raise the tube above the reservoir level. So no water would come out of it if I raise the tube from reservoir(which is below the tank) to the display tank.

I have done the following:
1. I removed the tube from the ATO pump, and the pump is working as expected and the water shooting out of the pump seems strong enough?
2. I tried to put the pump upside down underwater to remove any air bubbles.
3. I tried sucking the water out of pipe initially to create a siphon but still does not work.
4. The black tube that came with the ATO was fitting very hardly, as in I really had to force it in. So I tried bigger tube but water pressure still wasn't strong enough.
5. I opened the controller thinking there would be some control for water flow but could not find any either.

Been really sad with this ATO not working thinking I might have to spend 100 bucks buying a new one. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20241014_213136.mp4
    17.5 MB

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1729096280148.gif

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my guess is that the lines are heavy and plugged with biofilm. replace the return line from the pump and it'll run fine.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back