Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have unfortunately ran into a problem (you can probably guess what). And I have found the TTM to be my chosen method of getting rid of ICH. I am wondering how big of a temporary tank/tub I'd need for about 16 fish? I have 5 chromis, 3 clowns, 4 Cardinals, 1 dotty back, 1 long nose butterfly and 1 blue tang. All fish are less than three inches and relatively young. Will one say 50 litre tub/ tank be enough for the fish over the TTM treatment??

Thanks.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to Reef2Reef!

IMO, that tank is going to be too small for the LN butterfly and the blue tang. You'll need two tanks for TTM. You might get away with a full 20 gallon vessel, but even that makes me nervous. Two issues will be managing the ammonia level, and keeping the LN butterfly calm enough so that it continues to feed well.

My primary question is however, your message implies these fish are coming from a tank that they are already living in with ich? If so, unless you leave that tank to lay fallow for a period of time (people here say 80 days, but at a minimum it is 45 days). If you move the fish back after the TTM, they will likely become reinfected.

Jay

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back