Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your alk target is lower, lowering the dose is fine. If you alk target is near or above your current value, you might reduce the dose and add some sodium carbonate for alk. That said, 529 ppm calcium is fine.

Top Shelf Aquatics

fullinfusion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your alk target is lower, lowering the dose is fine. If you alk target is near or above your current value, you might reduce the dose and add some sodium carbonate for alk. That said, 529 ppm calcium is fine.
I was shooting for 9 dkh. In your opinion would you continue dosing AFR but at a lower dose just so things don't bottom out. I understand how the formate works by using bacteria and basically to keep the system rolling... would it make more sense to just lower the dose and carry on, or stop dosing for a couple days and let the numbers drop?

My thinking is or rather my perception I should say on the product is, I don't want to stall out the bacteria conversion or am I looking at it totally the wrong way?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd lower the dose a little and see what happens over a week or two, which should lower alk, then if calcium continues to climb, reduce it more and replace it with sodium carbonate.

fullinfusion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd lower the dose a little and see what happens over a week or two, which should lower alk, then if calcium continues to climb, reduce it more and replace it with sodium carbonate.
Thank you I'll do that and see what happens. I really do appreciate all your help there Randy.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Join the movement!
Back