Trigger Territory Size

WanderingAlbatross

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!

I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but how big are your trigger 'territories?' In an aggressive FOWLR (350g), how much space do your adult triggers claim? One cave? Two sqft of tank? The whole tank? I'm trying to provide enough space for suitable territories for each of my fish. If the territories are large, do you have any territories that overlap, such as a tang partially overlapping with a trigger or wrasse?

Any information on this, as well as any other territorial fish you've observed in its territory would be super helpful.

Blessings :)

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going to depend a lot on the temperment of the individual fish. You'll also need to consider changes as fish grow so it's best to plan on adult sized fish and not juviniles. And whatever you decide on you'll always need to be prepared to rehome someone.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!

I've been trying to figure this out for some time now, but how big are your trigger 'territories?' In an aggressive FOWLR (350g), how much space do your adult triggers claim? One cave? Two sqft of tank? The whole tank? I'm trying to provide enough space for suitable territories for each of my fish. If the territories are large, do you have any territories that overlap, such as a tang partially overlapping with a trigger or wrasse?

Any information on this, as well as any other territorial fish you've observed in its territory would be super helpful.

Blessings :)
My picasso was peaceful in my 125. When I upgraded and moved my fish over she went nuts, killed my chromis and bit my yellow tang’s mouth clean off. Not even close to adult size. Evil terror of a fish lol

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back