Trident NP calibration

jthunderzzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone calibrated their Trident NP yet? There isnt a task in fusion so I didnt know if there was a possibility to do it. Mine is pretty different from my Hanna checkers so wanted to see if a calibration would help. I have calibration solution and also there is a bottle that came with the reagents. There is a calibration slider when going into the trident NP tab in fusion but once I hit upload I dont think there are any steps to follow for it.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone calibrated their Trident NP yet? There isnt a task in fusion so I didnt know if there was a possibility to do it. Mine is pretty different from my Hanna checkers so wanted to see if a calibration would help. I have calibration solution and also there is a bottle that came with the reagents. There is a calibration slider when going into the trident NP tab in fusion but once I hit upload I dont think there are any steps to follow for it.

Instructions below. There is no task as of yet.

simplety

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I calibrated mine using the task it would only read zero. Had to factory reset it, now the nitrate is showing a trend, but phosphate only reads either 0.04 or 0.05 every test. Salifert and Hanna say .13 or .16. Even used a known phosphate testing solution of .16 ppm. Trident read 0.05. There are issues

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
After I calibrated mine using the task it would only read zero. Had to factory reset it, now the nitrate is showing a trend, but phosphate only reads either 0.04 or 0.05 every test. Salifert and Hanna say .13 or .16. Even used a known phosphate testing solution of .16 ppm. Trident read 0.05. There are issues
Ouch

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What is the known solution you used and what steps did you follow to do so?

CaptainOver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I "waited a few days" as suggested before calibrating. My NO3 and PO4 were within reason and matching my Hanna (~5 NO3 and .04 PO4). So I calibrated last night. No task listed, so I just used the calibrate toggle on the NP's page.
My NO3 immediately dropped in half to 2.5-3.5 (which is within reason of calibration), but my PO4 dropped to 0 for every test since then (I've done 3).
I wish the calibration solution had an actual value to validate against rather than a text heavy bottle with no info.
I regret calibrating now, and would love to hear other folks calibration experiences.

CaptainOver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Setting to "factory defaults" brought back my readings. Would be great to understand what is happening.
1720452612629.png

Fr4nkthet4nk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is not reading any Nitrate it said Bad NO3 Range and PO4 0.6, 0.5, 0.4
My Hanna said NO3 57.2 PO4 0.156. I believe this product is not ready for the market. Just a RUSH to get money. Personal opinion.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back