Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So starting yesterday my trident has stopped performing the automatic testing schedule. I’m not sure if I should be excited bc this will save a small fortune on reagents or….I should be worried that it’s not working properly :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Did you put it in manual mode and forget to put it back in automatic mode?

92Miata

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, yes and no. Hanna does read like .5 higher than the trident....but who is to say which one is more accurate. I always go by the Trident reading because the ALK readings are very consistent. I dose based on those......the CA and Mg on the other hand both read high for me using the Trident so I turned off automatic dosing based on those numbers. The ALK is the only one I care about anyways.
Given my results comparing my Hanna to the Red Sea Pro titration kit, I'd put money on the Trident being the more accurate of the two.

I think the Hanna meter is fine, but their reagent quality is all over the place, and the stuff decays. I've stopped using my Hanna HI772 at all. I just can't trust it.

What’s wrong with 6 dKh?

It's probably that BRS keeps telling him 8-12dkh is the only range corals can survive in - despite 6dkh being way closer to natural conditions than anything in that range.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given my results comparing my Hanna to the Red Sea Pro titration kit, I'd put money on the Trident being the more accurate of the two.

I think the Hanna meter is fine, but their reagent quality is all over the place, and the stuff decays. I've stopped using my Hanna HI772 at all. I just can't trust it.

It's probably that BRS keeps telling him 8-12dkh is the only range corals can survive in - despite 6dkh being way closer to natural conditions than anything in that range.
Not true. Brs told me 9 to 12. Get it right. Jk

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Exactly.

AquaCave Logo Banner

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: You were right. It somehow got switched to manual mode. Thanks For sharing

Interesting. I think you noted no changes by you. Do you mind if I ask if you use the phone app at all or strictly the Fusion portal? Thanks for the update by the way :D

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I think you noted no changes by you. Do you mind if I ask if you use the phone app at all or strictly the Fusion portal? Thanks for the update by the way :D
I only use my phone app. There were no “Intentional” changes by me. I assume I could accidentally changed it but that would of required 2 accidental touches

Top Shelf Aquatics

Thales

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only use my phone app. There were no “Intentional” changes by me. I assume I could accidentally changed it but that would of required 2 accidental touches
I tend to like to use a laptop instead of a phone becasue of stuff like that

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Black Label Aquatics
Back