Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a chance to get the top lids for my Reefer 170 after finding it on Facebook of all places. At first I was not convinced having to spend this amount of money just for a tank lid, well after some research regarding Lexan and their pros and cons, I still was not convinced until they came up with this FUSION VENT DESIGN. So I ordered it...

When I received the Lid, I was surprised on how thick the Lexan used. I would say 1/4 inch thick, it has options for feeding doors, cables, and this nice moodlight spline... not sure how they call it... but all I can say is I’m blown... due to the demand, I had to wait over 7-8 weeks to get mine, but it is worth the wait...

I made a video unboxing, if you guys are interested on how it looks on my tank:

shout out to Fabio, Jared and the team.

76262A38-36C3-409E-83EF-030D03080B3B.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very artistic video :p Thanks for taking the time to make it. It's certainly a slick looking lid!

I got mine from @cromag27. One thing that he includes in his designs that I don't see on the version you have is venting for air circulation at the glass/lid intersection. The gap is small, but it certainly cuts down on build up of water on the lid. I'd be interested to see how yours performs in that are.

I like the extra touches they put on your lid leaving some lines of material for aesthetics. Do you notice any appreciable shading from them?

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very artistic video :p Thanks for taking the time to make it. It's certainly a slick looking lid!

I got mine from @cromag27. One thing that he includes in his designs that I don't see on the version you have is venting for air circulation at the glass/lid intersection. The gap is small, but it certainly cuts down on build up of water on the lid. I'd be interested to see how yours performs in that are.

I like the extra touches they put on your lid leaving some lines of material for aesthetics. Do you notice any appreciable shading from them?

OP
OP
Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No shading on mine... and because of the design “FUSION VENT” I have yet to see any water/evaporation accumulation on my lid. I really like this a lot... not only does it look nice, the design serves a purpose.

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar Foods
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back