Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came across a person who wanted out of the hobby, he was so fed up and wanted to get rid of most of it immediately. was offered a bunch of LPS corals almost for free ( same price as for 3 frags), now waiting for a 12kg package of corals, for the price of two frags, but could this potentially crash my tank? has a 65 gallon tank

think am going to sell some of it.

CLICK TO VIEW

fluffynemo

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be cautious. Every coral is different and it almost always takes months for everything to acclimate be it with nutrient intake, flow, and most importantly lighting. People that get out of the hobby often have not paid the most attention to their tanks.

JTP424

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot of variables here!
How long has your tank been running, also, how large and exactly how many incoming corals? That size tank should handle a decent amount of corals. Have any photos of the items and your current tank setup?
If your tank is new... you need to be on top of water changes as well as make sure to use acclimation on your lighting etc, and expect things to need longer to acclimate.

Nutramar Foods

nothing_fancy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're putting a lot of corals at once into your DT I would definitely try to rack them in some way so you can keep an eye on them and acclimate them properly, starting low in your tank. Who knows what was going on with that previous system. I'd also dip all of them. I am personally pretty light on dipping when I get stuff from where I get them just because I know where its coming from, I do a very soft dip. But for this I'd go through each one very very carefully and unfortunately if anything looks suspect I would either chuck it, or put it in a QT if you can set one up.

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip everything :)) this was a person who was supposed to run a small coral farm, but I don't think the sales went as well as he hoped. What worries me the most is whether the water values will fluctuate a lot, a lot of coral at once is difficult to estimate how much I should dose.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back