Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a TNT Anacropora that seems to be fading from red to a lighter pink yet it’s growing well. I acquired it back in January and it has since nearly doubled in size. It’s currently under around 280-300 PAR. Does anyone have experience with keeping a deeper coloration with this beauty? Current parameters are:
Temp- 79F
Salinity 34ppt
Alk- 8.0
Ca- 430
Mg- 1380
NO3- 5-10ppm
PO4- 0.03
A9B0CD7A-DC83-41F6-B970-8E9AAD8131AA.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your numbers are similar to mine from lighting to water chemistry. Maybe just the light spectrum? Here is a pic of mine....also grows extremely quick.
View attachment 3064223
Very well may be. I am running whites a little on the higher end. Very stunning colony you have there!!!

BRS

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very well may be. I am running whites a little on the higher end. Very stunning colony you have there!!!
I run 4 T5s (2 ati blue and 2 ati coral+) along with two Radion G6 Pros.......definitely not running a blue tank but I might be running more blues then you are. Was it that color when you got it? I have seen different colored TNTs that look like totally different species just due to color variances.

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 4 T5s (2 ati blue and 2 ati coral+) along with two Radion G6 Pros.......definitely not running a blue tank but I might be running more blues then you are. Was it that color when you got it? I have seen different colored TNTs that look like totally different species just due to color variances.
My lighting is 2 AI Primes and 2 AI Blades (Grow and Glow). I have the blues, “UV” and violet channels the highest….overall around 20,000 Kelvin. It was a bit deeper red overall when I got the frag back in early Jan.

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read this article by Jake Adams yesterday. Says they seem to do better in lower light and higher (20ish NO3)

Thin Branching Red Montipora & Anacropora Comparison
Im pretty sure it’s my Nitrates that are causing this. It didn’t really start going pale until I saw a higher NO3 consumption and had to start dosing NeoNitro just to keep it from bottoming out (heavy feeds 3-4x a day hasn’t done much).

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure it’s my Nitrates that are causing this. It didn’t really start going pale until I saw a higher NO3 consumption and had to start dosing NeoNitro just to keep it from bottoming out (heavy feeds 3-4x a day hasn’t done much).
I am not sure....my nitrates never go above 10, staying closer to 7. I do use coral foods such as RR or Reef Chili when my phosphates drop below .06 so it might be getting extra nutrients direct that way.

bud_rick

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure....my nitrates never go above 10, staying closer to 7. I do use coral foods such as RR or Reef Chili when my phosphates drop below .06 so it might be getting extra nutrients direct that way.
Yeah there's a big difference between .03 and .06 phosphate. I also think it would definitely get a deeper color by being in less par. I have a monti setosa that changes different shades of orange depending on the light it is in.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah there's a big difference between .03 and .06 phosphate. I also think it would definitely get a deeper color by being in less par. I have a monti setosa that changes different shades of orange depending on the light it is in.
I’ll move it a bit lower and see if that helps some. My biggest dilemma is that the tank it is in, is a 25g lagoon so it would have to be placed near the sandbed to be under PAR that’s around 150ish.

OP
OP
N

Necrodaemus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My colony is in 180-200 par grows well and is bright red even at 5 nitrate. I originally had it in 250-280 and it was pale. Anacropora do much better in lower par I’ve learned.
Thank you for the input. Looks like I’m gonna move it somewhere with less light intensity.

Nutramar Foods

acrojunkie

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read this article by Jake Adams yesterday. Says they seem to do better in lower light and higher (20ish NO3)

Thin Branching Red Montipora & Anacropora Compa
I have a TNT Anacropora that seems to be fading from red to a lighter pink yet it’s growing well. I acquired it back in January and it has since nearly doubled in size. It’s currently under around 280-300 PAR. Does anyone have experience with keeping a deeper coloration with this beauty? Current parameters are:
Temp- 79F
Salinity 34ppt
Alk- 8.0
Ca- 430
Mg- 1380
NO3- 5-10ppm
PO4- 0.03
View attachment 3064113
I have the same one and it seemed to like a bit lower light, my color returned after moving to slightly lower light.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back