Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@coral reeftank just got me thinking more. A couple years ago when sps started dying off. It was unexplainable to me. Nothing changed fundamentally. I sent off icp tests - no issues, even sent an aquabiomics test - no issue or pathogens and actually tested very well in the 80th percentile and as a mature Reef, lights and pumps were also the same. Ever since I’ve had large anemones, sps have never done well. My other tank without an anemone, no issue

Nutramar Foods

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Exactly what I noticed too! It must be an organic compound that they secrete that cant be tested for on the icp tests.

I think in nature anemones are mostly found in places where there are only anemones. I rarely see nems in wild photos of acros and vice versa. So it might just be that nems clear out the space in order for them to propgate and split themselves.

I’ve seen acros, specifically millis send out mesenterial filaments to clear out nearby algae to make room for new encrustment.
I wouldnt doubt that convergent evolution led to this path with nems in the ocean.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back