Timmyrules dwarf seahorse tank!!!!

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok reefers, you may or may not have seen all of my threads about dwarf seahorses….well, here’s what happened, I had a spare 3 gallon tank that was just kind of sitting there. So I cycled it, got a bunch of algae growing so I know it’s ready for dwarf seahorses…I have a heard of 5 ponies coming on Wednesday!!!! :D I’m super excited to get the seahorses! Here’s what the tank looks like…

IMG_7442.jpeg

OP
OP
timmyrules

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I need someone’s opinion on this…..so I am going out of town in roughly 2 weeks. And I have been thinking of easy inexpensive ways to get freshly hatched brine shrimp into the tank while I’m gone. So, I have a crested gecko, and he has this mister that takes fresh water out of this container and mists it into his tank. I was thinking I could get another one of those misters and put the end that sucks up water in a container of brine shrimp….and it will suck up the brine shrimp and squirt them into the tank a few times a day. At the same time I could time it so the filter turns off for a few minutes when the brine shrimp are squirted in. What do you guys think?

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! glad they arrived. I have always wanted to do a SH tank. even get up a tank then switched the plan after the tank was cyceld.

for BBB maybe a small doser to drip a few mils in 204X a day? IDK shooting from the hip here.

do keep us posted.

OP
OP
timmyrules

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I just realized I haven’t updated this thread in a while….ive been sooooo busy. And quite frankly, a little frustrated with this tank. So, here’s what happened, I’ve always let bristle worms run out of control in that tank…never thought it would be a problem. But the bristle worms got so bad, that I was uncomfortable just putting my hands in the tank to move something. And of course, all of you know I just went on vacation…I got the seahorses a month before going on vacation, so I thought I would have enough time to stabilize them so they were all doing good….but there was so many bristle worms that they were EVERYWHERE!!!! And they were stinging the seahorses. So, after about a week, the seahorse numbers started dropping. There wasn’t even any left by the time I went on vacation. I was COMPLETELY devastated…and at that point, I didn’t even know if I wanted a dwarf seahorse tank. But, then I realized, no matter what I put in there, I need to cut that worm population in half!…so I spent about a week getting the worm population down, and I was quite successful!…and I decided that I am going to give the dwarfs another try!!!!! They are arriving later today…I’ll be sure to post pics when they get here!

OP
OP
timmyrules

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seahorses have arrived, some are acting kinda funny (you guys may have see the other seahorse thread I started)…they aren’t moving, their floating at the top. If anyone know why this is, please chime in. Some look like their doin ok, others, not so much. Here are some pics…
IMG_7779.jpeg

IMG_7778.jpeg

OP
OP
timmyrules

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okkkkkk guys…..I’m soooooooo frustrated with this tank!!!!!!! All the seahorses I got came floating weird, then started to look better, then died. So, I contacted the seller and they are sending some more. They are going to be getting here tomorrow…I’ll let you guys know how they look when they arrive.

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back