Thoughts on Powder Blue Tang? I want to get a powder blue but heard they are ick magnets.

Nutramar
World Wide Corals
AS
Nutramar Foods

sc50964

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well how big is the fish? you should qt a fish 4-6 weeks but if hes is bigger than 3.5 inches you might want a bigger qt tank. you def need to qt him
Doubt the fish is any larger than 2” since the QT’ed price is only $120…, but let’s hear from the OP

leepink23

Valuable Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get all my fish from a friend that is humblefish approved, everything is fully Qt. Haven’t finished setting up my tank yet but the powder blue he got for me looks perfect. If you want his contact feel free to pm me. I get no benefit from that other than knowing people are getting high quality fish.

sc50964

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get all my fish from a friend that is humblefish approved, everything is fully Qt. Haven’t finished setting up my tank yet but the powder blue he got for me looks perfect. If you want his contact feel free to pm me. I get no benefit from that other than knowing people are getting high quality fish.
Care to share how much a QT’ed small powder blue would cost at this humble fish approved place? My guess is $200

Top Shelf Aquatics

argiBK

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently added a QT’d PBT to my tank, prior to his addition, no signs of ich on the resident community. Within 3 days, the PBT was showing spots.

I don’t have the space or resources/time to completely pull all my fish into my own QT system, so I doubled down on H202 treatment, added a UV and Biota Cleaner Wrasse and all appears well now. The cleaner wrasse has quickly become one of my favorite fish in the tank as a result (he’s literally servicing everyone inside the tank), alongside very pristine looking water, lol.

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AAF
Back