The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So in my searches it seems I may actually have a Halichoeres leucoxanthus as mine has a white belly

IMG_6233.jpeg
Yep!

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a leopard wrasse soon. Any consensus on how to handle QT? I’ve been doing Cooper Power at 2.3 ppm and GC twice 7 days apart as my QT protocol. This was successful for a carpenters flasher, but it sure didn’t like the general cure treatments. I have been saving some siphoned sand I’ll add in a Tupperware. The aforementioned wrasse, a Starcki damsel, and a convict tang are my goal purchases for this round of QT together. Should be looking at the next two weeks to collect my fish.
My QT has a lot of water flow and I turn on air stones when I dose the GC for a few hours after.
Reference pic of QT tank. These three fish ready for display Monday!
IMG_8433.jpeg

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a leopard wrasse soon. Any consensus on how to handle QT? I’ve been doing Cooper Power at 2.3 ppm and GC twice 7 days apart. This was successful for a carpenters flasher, but it sure didn’t like the general cure treatments. I have been saving some siphoned sand I’ll add in a Tupperware. The aforementioned wrasse, a Starcki damsel, and a convict tang are my goal purchases for this round of QT together. Should be looking at the next two weeks to collect my fish.
Wish I could help, but I've only gotten mine pre qt'd

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help, but I've only gotten mine pre qt'd
I’ve been doing QT on leopards but they sure hate it. Copper power cannot go above 2.25 IME.

I don’t have much else to say as I’ve changed our QT method slightly so will be able to say in about 8 weeks minimum once 2 lots of fish undergo this QT method.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late wrasse Wednesday submission.

Pintail likes to “take a shower” in the mornings and has to find a shrimp that is open for business.

IMG_0215.jpeg

IMG_0225.jpeg

And an extra late wrasse Wednesday photo of the exquisite. Not the fanciest fish, but looks really cool under natural sunlight.

IMG_0210.jpeg
I love that Exquisite!

Mine doesn’t have quite so much red but some gorgeous yellows.

Does this count as a wrasse Wednesday? Well, wrasse Friday.
IMG_4280.jpeg

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been doing QT on leopards but they sure hate it. Copper power cannot go above 2.25 IME.

I don’t have much else to say as I’ve changed our QT method slightly so will be able to say in about 8 weeks minimum once 2 lots of fish undergo this QT method.
Have you tried General Cute with leopards? How do they tolerate it if so.

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do fine with Prazipro. Haven’t used GC.
There’s less of a concentration of praziquantinel in GC is my understanding so I guess it should be fine. I’ll just make sure to get it established eating first and turn my aeration on overnight on top of the flow already in there. Thanks

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s less of a concentration of praziquantinel in GC is my understanding so I guess it should be fine. I’ll just make sure to get it established eating first and turn my aeration on overnight on top of the flow already in there. Thanks
No need to rush prazi in an asymptomatic fish. Let it settle in observation. Plenty of time to treat.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried General Cute with leopards? How do they tolerate it if so.
I’ve not used General Cure - I use;
Copper
Prazi
Flubenzodole
Formaldehyde

And something else I can’t think of currently.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s home!!
Okay, maybe I lied when I said this tank was done as a wrasse observation :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Can you blame me? I want to get a laboutei to introduce with him to the big gang!
IMG_4329.jpeg

IMG_4341.jpeg

IMG_4330.jpeg

IMG_4342.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back