The Saga of the Elusive Coralvue Hydros Launch

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a dosing schedule with the simple doser. Just make sure that you have the dose amount set so that the pump runs at least 2.5 seconds on each dose. You would go through the calibration and then tell the Hydros how much was dosed and then it can calculate how long to run the pump to achieve the dose amount. The Hydros calibration is a little different since it just turns on the pump for one minute and then you tell it how much was dosed by measuring it. So if you repeat the calibration it will still only run for one minute. If you want to check the calibration then you would do a manual dose in the amount you want and then measure that. Even the smart dosers calibrate the same way. With the smart dosers you have to use a schedule unless it is one of the ones you can set to continuous use. The simple doser can be used in the ATO or AWC pump outputs if you want. Smart dosers can be used for AWC and ATO but require a different setup to do it.
Great, thank you! I don't have mine set up yet. About a month to go. Will keep all this in mind.

deome

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS never pitched Hydros. The one video they made about it never got published

Thought I remembered watching the video, but I could be wrong. I did all of my research on Hydros through their website, so whatever impressions I have of Hydros come from them.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I remembered watching the video, but I could be wrong. I did all of my research on Hydros through their website, so whatever impressions I have of Hydros come from them.
Yeah the only video that BRS ever mentioned Hydros in was in this livestream where Ryan said they would work on Hydros videos

But nothing came of those videos... even Thomas confirmed it here:

deome

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the only video that BRS ever mentioned Hydros in was in this livestream where Ryan said they would work on Hydros videos

But nothing came of those videos... even Thomas confirmed it here:

Must have just been reading the text pitch on the product pages then. Nonetheless, I don't shop at suppliers if they're always yanking products from their figurative shelves.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back