The reef that shouldn't be (150g sps dom)

AquaCave
OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly appreciate that you chose to use the scientific name. One of my favorites is Lokani.
The smooth definitly offer a nice contrast. I dont use made up names unless im sure and that isnt very often lol. I actually have a paletta pink tip, depending who I am talking to because I am fairly certain it doesnt have the lineage here in the UK lol but it is still the same coral :)

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a few weeks of a bit better water and light can do :)

ssc1.jpg

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it is doing great!
Thank you, its amazed me to be honest how quickly the green has covered the main body. Im always a bit hesitant putting things like this up because we have all seen those miracle shots in the past lol

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank has been through some changes, parameter fluctuations and the tank move. a lot of my sps have turned all green or even a little brown. hoping to get some of the color pop back in them over time. Just working on trying to keep things stable over time so that they have a chance. the good news is i have not lost anything in the tank transfer. so ill take that as a win.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank has been through some changes, parameter fluctuations and the tank move. a lot of my sps have turned all green or even a little brown. hoping to get some of the color pop back in them over time. Just working on trying to keep things stable over time so that they have a chance. the good news is i have not lost anything in the tank transfer. so ill take that as a win.

Quite a few of the acros I put up in the previous posts have been in the tank for a year or longer. Many were fairly stagnant growth wise and the colours pretty dull. Because I work away so much I have been using a trident of about 15 months to monitor alk, last year I had to get it serviced and they returned it with a filter that goes on the drain line from the sump, this has made a massive different in not only the accuracy but also the ability to stabilise the levels. I was at times coming home to Alk of 4 previously. Now its sitting between 8.5 and 9. After a few months I started dosing Fauna marin Amin and Coral essentials trace A,B and C in February, and in all honesty I feel this is what combined with the stability has made the difference for me. Im sure you will get there

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Alfie

Alfie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about 2 months. I was struggling whether to think if this is doing well or not, but its coloured up a lot and fattened up. I cant complain, but why are the ones we love the slowest. Doesnt help Ive knocked a couple of branches off cleaning up over the past couple of months

rainbow.jpg

Nutramar Foods
CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back