Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 questions for you. Have any of your zoa's palys changed color or morphed since you upgraded your lights?
About how big are your red wines? Mine seem to stay on the smaller side.

I'll haven't seen a drastic change on coloration after the upgrade... although some aren't as colorful as they use to... I will be changing my bulbs to 20k XM's in the next month or two to see if that'll help with coloration.. or I might just add actinic supplementation... :)

for the Wines, they are doing well but sometimes, I'll see them close up for no reason and won't open up for a couple of days... the are finicky IMO that's why when I frag them, I'm always scared they won't make it but so far, I've only lost a couple of single polyps frag... they are pencil eraser size, sometimes bigger... hope that helps.. :)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Raptor

Angel Of Death
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be hard, Its sometimes better to have a few all time favorites, and sacrifice a colony to keep one you really want. Less is more. I wish i could remember that more often.
I have went thru cleanout phases and sold or traded off stuff and only ended up getting more. Atleast you dedicated to zoa's/palys and a couple lps.
I never really knew how much i had till i moved my tank. Now that i have my 30 micro morphs, 10 acan morphs, top 20 zoa's,(Tried to get down to 10 or 15. LOL) 4 yuma's/ rics,and about 30 sps i have to be done. LOL
Huge colonies is where its at. Good luck with your quest.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be hard, Its sometimes better to have a few all time favorites, and sacrifice a colony to keep one you really want. Less is more. I wish i could remember that more often.
I have went thru cleanout phases and sold or traded off stuff and only ended up getting more. Atleast you dedicated to zoa's/palys and a couple lps.
I never really knew how much i had till i moved my tank. Now that i have my 30 micro morphs, 10 acan morphs, top 20 zoa's,(Tried to get down to 10 or 15. LOL) 4 yuma's/ rics,and about 30 sps i have to be done. LOL
Huge colonies is where its at. Good luck with your quest.

for sure man... I just picked up some awesome non indo lords earlier and a couple more micros...

you're right about having less is more... sometimes, I get pretty disappointed with all the frags I have laying around that's why I had to make a decision to narrow it down...

so, here's the rest of roster for my tank...
- 10-12 favorite micros
- 5 or so non indo lords
- 5 or so echinos
- 3 or so montis
- a few other bright softies

I'll have to look at the tank tonight to see if there's anything I'm missing.. :)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

ct_vol

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Marv... Never knew how hard it would be to limit myself to 30 till I went ahead and counted all the morphs I have thanks to that poll... But I'd say you've chosen well... I know I'm envious of the ones I don't have in your tank... lol :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Marv... Never knew how hard it would be to limit myself to 30 till I went ahead and counted all the morphs I have thanks to that poll... But I'd say you've chosen well... I know I'm envious of the ones I don't have in your tank... lol :)

yeah, definitely very hard.. I've been talking myself into choosing my top 30-35 for a couple of months now.. LoLz..

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Hey Marv what was your top list? Did I miss that? :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marv what was your top list? Did I miss that? :)

hehe.. no.. here's a list I pm'ed another member that was curious what my top 30-35 are.. I can only reply with the top 25's.. LoLz.. the last couple of slots are really really competitive and I'm still finalizing it...

1. PPE
2. PPRPE
3. Nuclear Green
4. True Armageddon
5. Red Wines
6. Purple Death
7. Candy Apple Redds
8. Herman Redds
9. Pink Zippers
10. True GPE
11. True AoG
12. Sunshine
13. Rastas
14. Mandarin Oranges
15. Ring of Fire aka DareDevils
16. Sour Apple
17. Desert Fox PE
18. True RPE
19. Pink Elephant
20. Gold Dust
21. Mohawks aka Variable Star
22. Hello Kitty (from ultimatefrags)
23. Legions of Evil
24. Grimace PE
25. Purple Haze (the ones I named)

Nutramar Foods
Corals.com
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting there... :)

FTS_03-12-07_800.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Corals.com
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks better every time you update pics

Thanks Marcel...

what I really wanna see though are your eye candies... you should start a thread about your tank over at the member's tank area.. I'm really looking forward to seeing your tank again and its specs.. :D

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought mine was worthy of its on own thread. Maybe i will give it a shot. Those Geddons are looking good. I just had to get rid of my Hippo tang because he was nipping at the skirts of some of my Zoas, especially the Armageddons. Dont know why but he got a sweet tooth for expensive zoas all of a sudden.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Vivid
Back