Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the longest time, I've dreamed about having the most sought after and hard to find zoas and palys around... I'm finally getting to a point where I have to be very selective on what I have to put in my tank... I've seen and owned a lot of morphs since I started collecting zoas around the summer of 2004 but I've made a decision to pick out my top 40 morphs... I've been struggling with this the past 6 months coz of all the new ones coming out.. I told myself that I'm gonna have to do this or my tank will look more of a mess than it is already... frags are everywhere and I'm not happy with the overall look of the tank... after my vacation and seeing some of the beautiful coral reefs in the Philippines, I got some ideas on how a reef tank would look more natural..

so that's my goal for this year is to have just my top 40 morphs and have doubles and back ups for my top 15 for propping, sharing, and trading... I'd love to see the sand bed in my tank also.. :lol: I'd love to see a nice colony of the following morphs in the future: Nuclear Green, PPE, PPRPE, Red Wines, Armageddon, Purple Death, True GPE, True RPE, True AoG, and a few others... I've been fortunate this year to only struggled with a few morphs mentioned and some I'm having great success... pls join me as I go through this quest.. it should be a fun one.. I'll be updating this thread with pics and and progression of different morphs every week or two and hope to get some kind of growth on different morphs...

oh yeah, I've also expanded my addiction to some of the more colorful moprhs of micros and non indo lords (another very expensive and addicting world heh)... I plan on having a few of these morphs mixed in with the zoas to have a little more color...

anyway, enough typing.. I'll post some pics later tonight.. I finally have time to do a waterchange and maintenance in my tank after about a month of running around and vacationing..

Happy Reefing to you all..

***** edit *****

here's a link for some info about my tank...

http://www.club-zoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1799

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on the quest.. I've decided I'm staying with just the biocube until I can purchase my own home, so I've had to downsize the variety as well hard to decide eh..

very hard to decide... :)

thanks for encouragement bro.. I know it'll be worth it...

raider77

True Fan
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Luck Marvin! I think that is easier said then done myself. I am getting ready to upgrade my tank in a couple of weeks and had the same thoughts you had. I just can't see letting go of my zoas and palys. I am going from a 90 gallon bowfront to a standard 120 gallon tank. My thoughts were to go mostly sps and keep my favorites on the bottom. Right now my 90 gallon is crammed with atleast 50 morphs of zoas and palys. These next couple of weeks will be very nerve racking.

CLICK TO VIEW

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goodluck to you Marv.. Im in the process also of going to upgrade to a 300g tank on my basement sometims summertime. My 180 is pack also and I need more room... In case you want to part out so of your nice paly ill give it a home :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.. this is my newly found motivation.. hehe.. :D

man, I hope I didn't sound picky.. :)

I know it's gonna be very challenging not to frag any of these guys.. but, that's why I will have doubles of some of them.. ;)

Corals.com
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Marv! I wish I could limit myself. Do you know what your top 30-35 morphs are yet?

I have a good idea up to about 25.. LoLz.. the last 10 is a really tough... I'm reserving some of the last couple slots for newer ones that will wow me.. :)

Top Shelf Aquatics

Kigs!

zoa santa
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you having to downsize with small tanks. I'm doing a similar thing with my 24. tank volume just couldn't keep up with my addiction, and since i'm too cheap to purchase bigger tanks, i have to selevtively downsive :lol:

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first pics.. first how the tank looks like right now..

I increased the size of the photos so I hope I can keep taking decent shots so I can update you guys throughout this process...

again, thanks so much for the encouragement to keep doing this exciting project..

FTS_03-03-07_a.jpg

FTS_03-03-07_b.jpg

FTS_03-03-07_c.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first ones I'll post are the ones I'm having decent success of.. I hope I'm able to remember who I got all of these awesome morphs from.. I want to give credit to where credit is due... Thanks to all of you again that made it possible for me to acquire these zoas... I owe it to you guys...

PPE (lineage from waynesreef)
PPE.jpg

Nuclear Green (lineage from da6d2003)
Nuclear_Green.jpg

PPRPE (lineage from The FragMaster)
PPRPE.jpg

Red Wines (lineage from bpoc)
Red_Wine.jpg

Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ecotech Marine
Back