+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and thanks for joining....

and nice when good things happen to nice people!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve recently been thrust into the hobby when my wife surprised me with a tiny (5 gallon) tank delivered to the house along with a few fish! Baptism by fire! I knew next to nothing about saltwater tanks except that I always admired them. Oh, and I knew you didn’t just jump right in and go! One has to properly cycle a tank, after all. That much I knew.
Well, a month into it and I’m all in! Tank is cycled with the help of Dr. Tim and providence and with only a loss of a single fish. Sad to see him go but as a newbie, I was glad of only that one loss. (I feared it would be more!)
This past month has been very interesting, it goes without saying! I’ve been reading all I can on the hobby, viewing videos, joining FB groups, reading forums, accessing articles online…… and surprising myself by how much I’m enjoying it all! So much have I learned in such a short time and so much more I’ve yet to learn. Perhaps, most importantly, the main thing I’ve learned is that I truly enjoy it and find it exceedingly relaxing and challenging. Everything. All of it. From the beauty to the science, from the husbandry to the aesthetics, from the plumbing to the maintenance, from the problems to the solutions…. I’m captured by it.
It’s always been a marvel to me, this hobby. Now I have the opportunity to engage in it. (Thanks wife!)
I will wish myself good luck & a continued enjoyment of the journey, as I wish the same for you all!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry for your loss, but sounds like otherwise all has started off well. This is a great hobby for couples! Soon she would want her own tank!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Shippensburg (mom went to college there in PA):

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Captngutts

Captngutts

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry for your loss, but sounds like otherwise all has started off well. This is a great hobby for couples! Soon she would want her own tank!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Shippensburg (mom went to college there in PA):

Thank you! I’ll try to start a build thread ASAP.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Captngutts

Captngutts

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Once posted, how does one link it to one’s account, if I may ask?

tharbin

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copy the URL for your build thread. Then go to your account, pick account details. Near the bottom of the account details is a text field for 'R2R Tank Thread Link:'. Paste the URL for your thread in there. In a few minutes you will have the 'Build Thread Contributor" badge.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’ll try to start a build thread ASAP.

Let me be among the first to say ... <drum roll> ...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BUILD THREAD BADGE!!!!! WAHOO!!

Sorry I've been swamped but you both did it and figured it out - YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back