Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use radions n also keep nitrate 5-10. My **** just started blowing up w the temp at almost 80.
Yup, temp can set a coral growing pretty fast if everything else is right. Currently averaging 78.1 - may need to kick that up a little to see if it responds.

Nutramar Foods

William Clinton

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green n growth

IMG_3948.JPG

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Centerline

Centerline

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O do u live by them?
Not at all, I'm in FL. Just a great seller. Have never lost a single thing I scored from
@BSA Corals and I have purchased from him a couple dozen times. When spending the cash those large rainbow command last thing I want it bugs or bad shipping.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Centerline

Centerline

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dangit Ben these are fire. I've been begging Ben for some chalices for months lol sick af lemme see some whites
If that picture wasn't all blued up you would freak. Doesn't do them justice at all.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Centerline

Centerline

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cal 450
Alk 8.5
Mg 1350
P04 >.2
N03 15is

Are these still your parameters? Did you mean >.02 for PO4?

Ya, typo there with the .2 for p04 - everything in the tank would be barfing at .2 - my experience has been that scolys in particular start receding pretty quickly at anything over .05 ;).

Only changes are that I have worked my mag up to 1450. Intended to do it months ago.

OP
OP
Centerline

Centerline

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the last couple of weeks I noticed that the PSK pump that I use for drawing air through my C02 scrubber has been producing enough foam at the top of the chamber its in that it was spilling over the back of the tank from time to time and making a mess. I made a lid for the chamber but it produces enough foam that it pushes it up and makes a small mess. I thought a bit about how to turn the chamber the pump is in into a skimmer, controlling the water level by the height of the collection cup. Only problem with that is the electrical cord for the pump is big enough to create a gap that mitigate the cup height idea. Looking around for a solution I came across this.
Skimmer-99.jpg

Its a very well reviewed HOB Aquamaxx skimmer (HOB-1.5) that used the same PSK pump (modified Sicce PSK200). Aside from the fact that it will fit on the tank, it looks like I should be able to pull the air intake and attach it to the C02 scrubber! I have been wanting to ditch my DOC skimmer for some time and this would make an excellent upgrade. Something I have had a lot of success on other tanks is using NOPOX and Reef Energy A/B and I have hesitated on this little tank because of the weak skimmer. Hopefully this will kill a couple of birds with one stone. Take care of the foam mess and handle the C02 line, free up some space in the back of the tank for other gear (need to move my probes out of the main tank) and of course more aggressive skimming. The skimmer should be here tomorrow so we will see.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back