Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Rakie, I'm gunna give this a shot on the next coral haul. I think ur in the process of starting a #MelafixPondDipCult

Ha I'm definitely joining the cult my bottle is on order #MelafixPondDipCult

All the vendors use it. It obliterates everything. Just make sure to mind the timer!

Instructions: 1-2mL/cup, 5-7 minutes, turkey baster or tiny pump if you're dipping a lot.

I like this set. Using CE for 6 months now and it seems better than the KZ stuff I used before.

Yep, me too. I liked the Aminos and started adding trace amounts of trace A, B, and C to my ATO. I never had the other 3 because they're like $130 a bottle or something crazy like that. But I'll try 'em now!

CE is the only snake oil that has given me any notable results.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do. What about deep sea/smooth skin acros? 3 minutes max?

Same 5-7 minutes. I dip everything that way, I've dipped everything from smooth skin SPS to sensitive $900 frags to scoly, zoas, shrooms, etc etc. Everything handles it perfectly fine -- But watch the timer. I tell everybody if you go max time that's a hard 7 minutes max. Really you can probably go 10 but it's both super dangerous and not necessary. I typically dip 5-6 minutes myself.

And make sure to use a turkey baster to blow things off, and then give it a nice rinse in fresh tank water.

I just helped my friend tear down his 265g by removing all rock, removing all coral from rock, and putting over 100 SPS onto frag plugs, and dipping 2x1' trays of corals in big 20g steralite containers. After a 6 minute dip with LOTS of flow from a strong powerhead, we put them in a rinse and we still had dead AEFW coming off into the rinse container. They can die on the frag and just stay there, so give it a few shots with a turkey baster to get anything off of it.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Wrangy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't be using it right away, first I gotta get the corals happy and stable. THEN I'll start some very light dosing.

I'm currently using the Trace A, B, and C in my ATO container, at about 1 drop per gallon of my ATO. That's about 1/3 the daily dose of ABC I should be using, but since it's tied to my ATO, better safe than sorry. They suggested putting it all together and setting a bit of ABC on a single dosing pump to get a controlled dose, but honestly I prefer putting a couple drops in the 10g ATO instead.
Good thinking :) It's always best to start out slow :)

I need to get a pic of those scoly's too. They shrunk pretty badly from months of neglect in my buddies tank, but they will grow back. They're surprisingly healthy and puffy just a day after transfer to my tank.
Do a Chroma+ bath on them, you'll be amazed how well they'll respond from that! I'm not sure on the exact specifics on the length of the bath but get a bucket/container add the normal dose for your tank or double if you want to it, soak them for like 10-15mins (check the Facebook group for the exact timing) then add the scolys back to your tank and dump the bath into the tank so everyone else gets some :) You can't overdose chroma so don't waste the bath haha

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this showed up today -- thanks bubba!

976240745d99bde6787d478e1a92e12e.jpg
holy-;Cow

You got the black labels...:)

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a Chroma+ bath on them, you'll be amazed how well they'll respond from that! I'm not sure on the exact specifics on the length of the bath but get a bucket/container add the normal dose for your tank or double if you want to it, soak them for like 10-15mins (check the Facebook group for the exact timing) then add the scolys back to your tank and dump the bath into the tank so everyone else gets some :) You can't overdose chroma so don't waste the bath haha

Really? That's interesting. Do you have to refrigerate the black labels too, or just the aminos?

holy-;Cow

You got the black labels...:)

Blame Bubba, I'd have never bought them but I do like the Aminos very much!

Wow! I'm excited to see your reviews on the whole line.

Me too! I'm excited to give them a go once things are nice and happy.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. A huge undertaking on that size tank. No pics of the mayhem as it unfolded?!?!

Nope. I really meant to, but we quickly had our hands full between saving berghia, preparing dips, lugging in about 80g worth of 5g jugs one at a time, etc etc.

Plus i'm still mildly crippled. If it wasn't for my other buddy helping it would have been a catastrophic pain, literally and figuratively. He knew how messed up my leg was so he pretty much helped lift almost everything so I didn't have to.

My job was chiseling colonies off rock, which would have made for cool pics, and organizing for the most part.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I really meant to, but we quickly had our hands full between saving berghia, preparing dips, lugging in about 80g worth of 5g jugs one at a time, etc etc.

Plus i'm still mildly crippled. If it wasn't for my other buddy helping it would have been a catastrophic pain, literally and figuratively. He knew how messed up my leg was so he pretty much helped lift almost everything so I didn't have to.

My job was chiseling colonies off rock, which would have made for cool pics, and organizing for the most part.

Any chance I could snag like 2 or 3 bergs or are they all being kept?

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance I could snag like 2 or 3 bergs or are they all being kept?

My friend is actually selling them when he gets back from his business trip. He's out of aptasia so if they survive I'll send you some.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those curious on the Chroma+ bath I mentioned, here's a screenshot from the Coral Essentials page that has the details, you'll just need to scroll to find it :)
Screenshot_20190528-131327_Facebook.jpg

(sorry to steal and side track a little!)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those curious on the Chroma+ bath I mentioned, here's a screenshot from the Coral Essentials page that has the details, you'll just need to scroll to find it :)

(sorry to steal and side track a little!)

No worries, good info is good info! You can always post whatever you like on my thread Dom.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? That's interesting. Do you have to refrigerate the black labels too, or just the aminos?

Black Label is best refrigerated.
GRO as well.
But as Dominic is suggesting, the Facebook pages has some sticky posts where they explain the options on how to dose.
I have my ABC deluted in 950ml of rodi (makes 1L in total) and hooked up to a doser.
The rest I dose manually when I do not forget.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black Label is best refrigerated.
GRO as well.
But as Dominic is suggesting, the Facebook pages has some sticky posts where they explain the options on how to dose.
I have my ABC deluted in 950ml of rodi (makes 1L in total) and hooked up to a doser.
The rest I dose manually when I do not forget.

Yep, I've been looking at the FB group. Haven't used FB since like... 2013 ish. Anywho, I've got the black labels except Energy+ in the 'fridge. They said the Energy+ could get too thick in the fridge so no need to put that one in there.

Otherwise, since I don't have a doser, and I DO have a calcium reactor, they told me so long as my ATO was consistent it would work.. It's not ideal of course. I'm dosing at a rate equivalent to about 1/3 - 1/2 the dose I should be using. My rationale is it's better than nothing, and the calcium reactor is supplying nearly all of these elements already.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I've been looking at the FB group. Haven't used FB since like... 2013 ish. Anywho, I've got the black labels except Energy+ in the 'fridge. They said the Energy+ could get too thick in the fridge so no need to put that one in there.

Otherwise, since I don't have a doser, and I DO have a calcium reactor, they told me so long as my ATO was consistent it would work.. It's not ideal of course. I'm dosing at a rate equivalent to about 1/3 - 1/2 the dose I should be using. My rationale is it's better than nothing, and the calcium reactor is supplying nearly all of these elements already.

Considering that with this CE products, you have spent a value equal to a prime class doser, it has to be handled with care.
1/3-1/2 is a good starting point.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering that with this CE products, you have spent a value equal to a prime class doser, it has to be handled with care.
1/3-1/2 is a good starting point.

I got them for free from a buddy actually lol

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Jawdrop;Jawdrop;Jawdrop;Jawdrop
Yeah I like the aminos a lot.. but with a calrx the ABC shouldn't do much. The black labels might have an impact though.

To be fair, at $130 a bottle I'm hoping they don't do crap, I'll cry if I get addicted to this product lol

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back