Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a good show but i wish there had been better info on the vip day and better check in, i was able to walk in friday night without anyone asking if i was allowed, made me feel like i could have gone without paying $40. I got the frags i wanted, i was not going to be able to make it saturday so friday early entrance was great.

Nutramar Foods

Rubymoon286

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a good show but i wish there had been better info on the vip day and better check in, i was able to walk in friday night without anyone asking if i was allowed, made me feel like i could have gone without paying $40. I got the frags i wanted, i was not going to be able to make it saturday so friday early entrance was great.
Check in was definitely on the honor system. I bought the basic entrance the day before the show, and when I got there Saturday, they didn't have my name on either list, and the person I spoke with during registration asked me a few times if I had gotten the VIP or if I was just basic after I showed my 10 dollar paypal receipt.

That said, I had a great time, and got exactly what I was hoping to, and then some as far as frags go, and I met a lot of really great people, so it was worth the drive from Tyler for me, and I think the next time a show like that comes through, I'll do the VIP ticket, if nothing else for a chance to go without being swamped by people. I'm disabled and use a cane, and got shoved into and nearly over a few times. But now that I know the hectic nature, I'll probably get some orange flagging tape to tie on my cane so that I'm a little more visible.

Corals.com

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check in was definitely on the honor system. I bought the basic entrance the day before the show, and when I got there Saturday, they didn't have my name on either list, and the person I spoke with during registration asked me a few times if I had gotten the VIP or if I was just basic after I showed my 10 dollar paypal receipt.

That said, I had a great time, and got exactly what I was hoping to, and then some as far as frags go, and I met a lot of really great people, so it was worth the drive from Tyler for me, and I think the next time a show like that comes through, I'll do the VIP ticket, if nothing else for a chance to go without being swamped by people. I'm disabled and use a cane, and got shoved into and nearly over a few times. But now that I know the hectic nature, I'll probably get some orange flagging tape to tie on my cane so that I'm a little more visible.

Glad you had a good time. Aquashella Dallas is next May and that is a big show. I personally put it above MACNA. I went Friday night and was disappointed in the fact I paid $40 and probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the vendors were either not setup yet or their stuff was there but they were not. I had planned to go on Saturday but had won some auctions from a local vendor and needed to pick them up from him Friday night. I still got some great stuff but there were a couple of vendors who had posted pics on facebook that I wanted to possibly buy from that were not there Friday night, at least not when I was there. Oh well, for once I came in under budget by a couple hundred dollars instead of over.

Rubymoon286

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you had a good time. Aquashella Dallas is next May and that is a big show. I personally put it above MACNA. I went Friday night and was disappointed in the fact I paid $40 and probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the vendors were either not setup yet or their stuff was there but they were not. I had planned to go on Saturday but had won some auctions from a local vendor and needed to pick them up from him Friday night. I still got some great stuff but there were a couple of vendors who had posted pics on facebook that I wanted to possibly buy from that were not there Friday night, at least not when I was there. Oh well, for once I came in under budget by a couple hundred dollars instead of over.
I'm definitely for saving and planning on Aquashella - though I think I'll be getting a hotel for the weekend instead of driving back forth :)

FactoryKTMmotocross46

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what did you think? Did you do Friday and Saturday or just Saturday?
Got up from SA and made it in around 1030pm on Friday. It was really chill with a few vendors coming and going, no one checking any id at the door. I still dont mind paying the extra to support the event. It was comparable to reef currents. I got to hang out with mike paletta and jason fox. It was like I was at Disney world! Lol. Spent my $500 in like 30 minutes. Awesome experience! Thanks to all!
IMG_20191116_101502.jpg

AS

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got up from SA and made it in around 1030pm on Friday. It was really chill with a few vendors coming and going, no one checking any id at the door. I still dont mind paying the extra to support the event. It was comparable to reef currents. I got to hang out with mike paletta and jason fox. It was like I was at Disney world! Lol. Spent my $500 in like 30 minutes. Awesome experience! Thanks to all!
View attachment 1293318

We probably passed each other then. I was there until about 11. At that point some had several drinks in them and were making some good deals. The guy next to Unique Corals made me a great package deal on some zoas. If I had known so many of the vendors wouldn't be there Friday night I would have made plans to come back Saturday. I would have liked to have seen the Noopsyche led lights in action since I'm thinking of changing my lights out soon.

Nutramar Foods

Rubymoon286

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to come to the Texas Coral Fest on Feb 22?
I hadn't planned on it originally, but I'm on the fence on going now just because I like the chance to meet other people in the hobby. I can't afford to buy much this month, but the social aspect is always nice :)

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hadn't planned on it originally, but I'm on the fence on going now just because I like the chance to meet other people in the hobby. I can't afford to buy much this month, but the social aspect is always nice :)

I will be there. Just not sure if I'm doing the VIP thing again. It is further away from me this time so a lot longer commute. Plus I would prefer to be able to see what all the vendors have to offer, not just the few that are setup Friday night. Hopefully it will be different this time. I think Uchin was thinking everyone that came Friday night would come again on Saturday.

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you make it for the swap? The local club ended up doing a discount on tickets so I did the VIP and only did Friday night. Still a few vendors not there but I still spent my budget plus a few hundred more. I was able to get the couple of zoas I was wanting so I was happy. Now trying to save up for May.

Rubymoon286

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you make it for the swap? The local club ended up doing a discount on tickets so I did the VIP and only did Friday night. Still a few vendors not there but I still spent my budget plus a few hundred more. I was able to get the couple of zoas I was wanting so I was happy. Now trying to save up for May.

I didn't - I ended up with a severe ankle injury and decided to wait for May - I already have my Aquashella ticket and hotel booked, so I'm definitely committed to that one. I ended up doing VIP for that one, and I'm hoping to set up hang out time/maybe a dinner with fellow aquarium nerds :)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back