View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys

a local dude is selling some frags..
honestly its a looker under orange filter..
otherwise under white its only the orange/red polyps that show off.

a frag is 100$

any idea what this is?

F9EE5506-7F43-4CF8-97D9-B42F7D5ACAC4.jpeg
DD2DD679-E423-4123-94CD-58870E4E4530.jpeg
475A502D-B21B-4591-B50D-0A4E7307F2CE.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
CLICK TO VIEW
Top Shelf Aquatics

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a wild Maricultured Tenuis. I will not have any “lineage’d name” and will probably morph into several different colors as it adapts to captivity. The frags don’t look terrible to me bc it appears to be a full spectrum filtered pic

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys

a local dude is selling some frags..
honestly its a looker under orange filter..
otherwise under white its only the orange/red polyps that show off.

a frag is 100$

any idea what this is?

View attachment 3067310View attachment 3067312View attachment 3067311
Not to get off topic, but that huge change in color reflection under artificial lights is one of the major problems we have in this hobby today. I don't even konw how most people can deal with that problem today. It is very frustrating to say th least, right? So, the color in the first picture is directly dependant on the LED settings we have over that colony, and the second picture is the "plain real deal" of the colors of that particular specimen under a more "normal" light setting. It must be so hard to purchase any coral at the stores and shows because of that. Not to mention from online vendors! Plus, the high price they give for the corals is totally dependent on the LED colors for reflection (or any other lighting settings) and also photoshop. I'm sorry, but the differences in this particular case are shocking to say the least. It's a very sad situation. Did the frags loose pigments that bad, or the colors are exclusively due to changes in light?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
chipchipmofo

chipchipmofo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to get off topic, but that huge change in color reflection under artificial lights is one of the major problems we have in this hobby today. I don't even konw how most people can deal with that problem today. It is very frustrating to say th least, right? So, the color in the first picture is directly dependant on the LED settings we have over that colony, and the second picture is the "plain real deal" of the colors of that particular specimen under a more "normal" light setting. It must be so hard to purchase any coral at the stores and shows because of that. Not to mention from online vendors! Plus, the high price they give for the corals is totally dependent on the LED colors for reflection (or any other lighting settings) and also photoshop. I'm sorry, but the differences in this particular case are shocking to say the least. It's a very sad situation. Did the frags loose pigments that bad, or the colors are exclusively due to changes in light?
I can not disagree with you. Absolutely true

Corals.com

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If buying in person. I look at coral from top down and through glass. You get 2 perspectives and color differences.
If it looks good to you. Then buy it. I would never look at any coral through an orange filter and buy as that's not how I view my aquarium on daily basis. The key to buying in person is you get to see what the coral may look like under similar lighting.

Some people use these filters to try and capture what they see with normal viewing in Pic or video if they can't capture it with there camera equipment by itself.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back