Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went back through my build thread to look at my pics of my old ASD millie....and yes it has some pink in it
DSC_5330_1.jpg

My new frag of it has no color yet

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Poseidon03

Poseidon03

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went back through my build thread to look at my pics of my old ASD millie....and yes it has some pink in it
View attachment 3136646

My new frag of it has no color yet
That's good to know! You have a more recent picture of it or once it grew out more?

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, no I do not. I broke my aquarium down to get rid of blue clove polyps. Its now been up and running a little over 4months. All my old corals I tore off and sold and traded into lfs. Took the rock and baked it in the sun for several months and one of the lfs repurposed it. I started aquarium over with dry rock. I bought a new frag of it from ASD several weeks ago. It really has no color and is the smallest coral I have ever gotten from ASD. At the moment I'm really under whelmed from the frag and color.

I have noticed that there are 2 types of corals now at ASD. The regular ASD where you get nice big frags and then there are other corals that seem to be taken at different facility or camera or something. That is where I got my new piece. Will not be buying anymore of those frags I dont believe. Anyway. Its barely like 2/8" inch right now, so it will be a while before I can see any color I guess. I may go back on the site and look for a regular ASD millie that is nice and big. They didn't have any when I was looking. It is by far one of my favorite corals to have.

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, no I do not. I broke my aquarium down to get rid of blue clove polyps. Its now been up and running a little over 4months. All my old corals I tore off and sold and traded into lfs. Took the rock and baked it in the sun for several months and one of the lfs repurposed it. I started aquarium over with dry rock. I bought a new frag of it from ASD several weeks ago. It really has no color and is the smallest coral I have ever gotten from ASD. At the moment I'm really under whelmed from the frag and color.

I have noticed that there are 2 types of corals now at ASD. The regular ASD where you get nice big frags and then there are other corals that seem to be taken at different facility or camera or something. That is where I got my new piece. Will not be buying anymore of those frags I dont believe. Anyway. Its barely like 2/8" inch right now, so it will be a while before I can see any color I guess. I may go back on the site and look for a regular ASD millie that is nice and big. They didn't have any when I was looking. It is by far one of my favorite corals to have.
Any local club members to grab from? Atlanta is saturated with them.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already purchased a new frag. It's just tiny. It will take some time before I can see the polyps color I think. It's happy where it is. Its like a little fuzz ball. Just has absolutely no color. Will see if I can manage some type of pic tomorrow

arafas

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, I got a lot of notifications at once and missed this thread. I have an ok amount of fish:

Very very large bannerfish
Medium mimic tang
2 medium/larger fairy wrasses
Small filefish
Smallish blue tang
Medium sailfin
2 smaller clowns

I feed a ton. I feed 3x per day. 2x pellets with the AFS and then a nice sized chunk of frozen in the evening. It is probably cause I adjusted my lights to be 100% (XR15/Kessil A360/XR30/Kessil A360/XR15), and I have a super large fast growing leather coral. Most of my corals grow fast... Except for the ones I want to (TGC cherry bomb and such). I'll get an updated FTS this evening. I got individual coral shots earlier, lol.
Initially when I dosed Nitrate didn't see much. Hence I have 19 fish in a 200g. My LPS grow like crazy but acro meh not so much. Not sure why after dosing so much Nitrate you have issues. I run a huge skimmer and a lot of chaeto. It took me a while to see nitrates if I don't dose it will zero out quick could cut run a skimmer only certain hours.

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do run pretty low nitrates. I found this one on the web and it is super similar in coloration. Most I've seen in person looks like @90's reefer@ colony though. I was just curious if anyone else had one that did this.

View attachment 3088301
Mine looks like that. It's in 500 par high flow and still a frag, but growing quickly. Bought it directly from ASD since I'm local in San Diego.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Your Reef
Back