Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own ATO (left) and sump (right). 3/8" acrylic. Last about a month at a time before needing a refill.
ATO.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics

c_healy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got three ten gallon reservoirs from bashsea. One for water, one for new saltwater and one for waste water. The only thing I would change is the size. I wouldn’t mind having twenty gallon reservoirs.

Attachments

• D7A6BECD-8A4C-478E-BB97-BAD83D35A713.jpeg
    D7A6BECD-8A4C-478E-BB97-BAD83D35A713.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Simplicity Aquatics

Simplicity Aquatics

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got three ten gallon reservoirs from bashsea. One for water, one for new saltwater and one for waste water. The only thing I would change is the size. I wouldn’t mind having twenty gallon reservoirs.

How do you fill/empty these? Do you carry them while full to empty or to fill?

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

Not woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small tank (14gallons) and this cheap little 2.5 gallon jug has been perfect. It fits my Tunze ATO pump perfectly through the hole and even has a smaller plastic piece that comes out of the center of the cap to run wires through. I am able to secure the lid still and keep evaporation and spilling to a minimum. The small container sits perfectly in the corner under my desk.

C32A048F-564C-4C99-BB2D-99F406A328CF.png

workhz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you build us something that costs $300 out of $10 worth of acrylic? That's what most people seem to want. j/k.

I use a similar headpak to what a previous poster linked to. I like it as is. Would be nice if they came in more sizes both in capacity and shape but for $18 can't really beat it.

I do wish there was a better way to tell water level. I currently have a camera pointed at my ATOs so it relies on me to tell when they're low.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Not woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I think there’s a huge opportunity in the market here if someone could fill it. What I want in an ATO reservoir: Easy to fill, some kind of float or easy way to see water level, pretty good closure but able to fit any ATO pump and wires, look presentable in the open, and the big one… Be less than $100. I found some nice looking ATOs around $125 but I can’t justify spending $125-$300 on a water holder. If someone could hit the $75 price point or so for a 5-10 gallon while providing most of the above, I think they would sell a ton.

Not woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes exactly
So both times this happened to me, it was when I turned the return pump off, so the water level was up in the rear chamber and the line was sitting in the water. 99% of the time this never happens but for some reason my pump did this but haven’t really heard about others having this issue. If you keep the ATO water line higher than where your water level is when the return pump is off, you’ve got nothing to worry about. Luckily, this only happened to me while I was working on the tank so I caught it pretty quickly. Having an ATO is a must long term in my opinion. I would do some research and buy a good quality one so you can feel confident that it won’t fail.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Friends of Reef2Reef! I would like to hear about your ATO reservoir. What do you like? What do you dislike? What would be "ideal"? What do you look for in a reservoir and what type of reservoir would make your life easier? Help us help you the user with a product that will suit your needs!

The frequency in which I refill my ATO is most important to me.

My RODI storage is a 40 gallon Brute. I've tapped directly into the Brute and use a gravity feed with float valve. I can top off for over a month on one fill. Of course, I use it for water changes too, so it doesn't last that long.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back