Tank Placement

Petey Pirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I finally bought an AIO Nano tank at the beginning of this month and have yet to set it up. I finished building my aquascape and will possibly have it start it's cycling by the end of this week. I plan to have it in the common area of my newly finished basement across my man cave/office. I have not been down there that long but noticed there's a 5-6 degree difference in temperature from the 1st & 2nd floor of my observation this past summer. With winter in the coming months and colder temperatures, I have the feeling it will be cooler in the basement of my home. Need some insights will be it okay before I have it up and running? Greatly appreciate the help and looking forward to this journey! Cheers!

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I do have a 50W glass heater for the system but would you think that would be enough, or additional heating sources is needed around the cooler months?
I'm not sure of your tank size, but the 'rule of thumb' is 5 watts per gallon. And of course, it always a good idea to have a controller like an inkbird to monitor the heater.

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree w/ all of Mojo's advice, and if you are super worried about it you can get a second heater just to be safe and redundant.

If you run into a particularly cold snap, they both may fire up.

OP
OP
P

Petey Pirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure of your tank size, but the 'rule of thumb' is 5 watts per gallon. And of course, it always a good idea to have a controller like an inkbird to monitor the heater.
Apologies for not giving as much details of my setup. (ReefCasa 12G AIO). I have posted some of the info in the "New Here" section. I thought buying a smaller AIO system would get my feet wet and the ball rolling.

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1727306479178.png

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back