Fiancé left me, new house = new tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I’ll most likely be buying the tank tomorrow at work so I’ll give an update with pictures when I do.
I’d prefer to just have a few mid to large size fish along with my clowns and a nem.
Yes I want to do a mixed reef with mainly softies and LPS but wouldn’t mind a few SPS in there in the long run.
Assure good quality lighting and flow.
Make a mock list of coral you would like and many here and myself can suggest fish that will be a good fit

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this idea honestly, but for whatever reason I actually enjoy all the color when it comes to my tanks even though every other aspect of my life is the opposite hahaha. I’ll definitely still be getting some black and white clowns but I don’t know exactly what morph I should go with, any suggestions?
Black photon clowns and oynx perculas are my favorites. Sorry about your situation by the way.

royaleFork

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mocha clowns are fun because they are mostly black and white but keep a more orange face.

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dude. That sucks. Flat out sucks. But this is the thing. There could have been an expensive wedding (that you still owed on). There could have been kids involved. I had something similar happen about 25, 30 years ago. We lived in a house, renting. Together x3 years and I'd proposed. She left me for a toothless cowboy wannabe with no ambition and no job....who lived in a 12 ft. camper in the middle of a field with no electricity and no running water. LOL, that was a blow to what little ego I had. My reaction was Wow. OK. Fine. Move on. Later Gator. I'm glad your parents were there for ya. And I LOVE your idea of a kick-butt fish tank. At the very least it'll keep ya busy!
Wow. What’s that say about the guy she left ?!

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Get a school of anthias. I have two, but bigger tanks can support bigger groups. 1 male and an odd number of females. Or get all female and the dominant one will then male. These fish are always lit in the open in my tank, and learn your feed them and come up to you for attention. Always photobombing when I’m taking coral pics

F9F6DFC8-87FC-4DD5-9D7D-546431596E1E.jpeg
D245E6A9-9F69-4639-86B2-5B433BFDAAA9.jpeg
2E7E9E35-DA8B-4BE2-A822-7456E4279A2A.jpeg

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. What’s that say about the guy she left ?!
No kidding! I was attentive, I worked, treated her 4 year old like he was mine. I was a good partner! Thing was, she became a full blown alcoholic during the last 6 months. I wanted her to stop. She didn't.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No kidding! I was attentive, I worked, treated her 4 year old like he was mine. I was a good partner! Thing was, she became a full blown alcoholic during the last 6 months. I wanted her to stop. She didn't.

Man that is crazy, sounds like you dodged a bullet.

I feel like alcohol + crapping in the woods + no water/shower/way to wash anything... just imaging the poor hygiene that would come from that...

I feel bad for her child though. I hope the kid was not raised in that camper. I am sure it hurt to get attached to a kid then for that to happen... sounds like such a poor situation for that child.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that is crazy, sounds like you dodged a bullet.

I feel like alcohol + crapping in the woods + no water/shower/way to wash anything... just imaging the poor hygiene that would come from that...

I feel bad for her child though. I hope the kid was not raised in that camper. I am sure it hurt to get attached to a kid then for that to happen... sounds like such a poor situation for that child.
It got to a point where I (and everybody else) noted this. It was not good. So the mother was an alcoholic and the father was a meth head. By this time I was back with my ex-wife (still am) and we were about to pull the trigger on taking the kid (legally of course). But just as I was about to do this, she straightened out and left him for a coworker. I was SO happy. Not only for the boy but for her too. He treated both of them like gold. They ended up married and still are. We were actually at a friend's house when she and her then boyfriend came over too. Interesting situation. I shook his hand and thanked him profusely. My wife had just given birth to my girl and my ex got to hold her. LOL, my wife didn't know WHAT to think of that whole situation. Me? It was just a thang. Everything ended up roses for everyone.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this past weekend my fiancé told me she doesn’t love me anymore and I’m back to living with my parents. On the bright side, I’m converting the empty room with much more space in their basement into the ultimate bat cave (I’m very into goth culture) where I’ll keep my nano tanks. I’m also gonna put a 72x18 150g reef tank in the corner of the basement as the main attraction to my new bachelor pad lol. I need suggestions on super cool reef safe fish to put in after the cycle is done. I’ve always wanted a harlequin tusk, but my saltwater mentor at work told me that should be kept in a predator tank as it will eat my other fish. Is this true? If so what’s something else I could put in there as a centerpiece fish?

Also, what kind of rockscape should I do? It will most likely only have the front of the tank in sight for the most part, so should I do a reef wall in the back? Or should I do a center of tank build with arches and stuff?

Lmk what you think, thanks!
The tusk might eat small fish. Will for sure eat crabs, snails and shrimps! Mine always hunted out my crabs. Only hermits she didnt eat were halloweens and thats because they pinched the crap out of her when she tried to eat them lol

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It got to a point where I (and everybody else) noted this. It was not good. So the mother was an alcoholic and the father was a meth head. By this time I was back with my ex-wife (still am) and we were about to pull the trigger on taking the kid (legally of course). But just as I was about to do this, she straightened out and left him for a coworker. I was SO happy. Not only for the boy but for her too. He treated both of them like gold. They ended up married and still are. We were actually at a friend's house when she and her then boyfriend came over too. Interesting situation. I shook his hand and thanked him profusely. My wife had just given birth to my girl and my ex got to hold her. LOL, my wife didn't know WHAT to think of that whole situation. Me? It was just a thang. Everything ended up roses for everyone.

Ha! Well I’m glad it had a happy ending and worked for for everyone, especially the kids. And so kind of you for considering adopting.

Mickey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good suggestions here. The one thing I would say is an 18" wide tank is really narrow to aquascape if you need or want access to the back wall. Go for 24" wide instead if you can swing it (or even more).

Tiny Bubbles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you've had to go through that. I'm glad you're moving ahead with things you enjoy, such as your tanks. The best of luck to you!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back