Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been planning on upgrading to a new tank at the end of the year from my standard aqueon 75 but unfortunately it looks like i am going to need a new tank about… now. Ive removed everything from the 75 after noticing that nearly the entire left side of the tank was becoming unsealed and was beginning a slow leak. Thankfully i had a 32 gallon brute that i used for mixing salt handy so i quickly put all of my rock in the brute along with all the livestock, tossed in a gyre, heater, and a hob filter to keep the tank oxygenated. how long would you say ive got to get a new tank?
The petco half off sale ended yesterday of course and i think my wife may murder me if i spend 200 on a new tank. So i may be left with looking on facebook marketplace. Ive been keeping an eye on Facebook marketplace for the last few months and there always seemed to be atleast a few 75-90 gallon tanks for 100 bucks that would be able to hold me over for atleast a few months. Unfortunately i cant find anything for under 700 right now.
Just wish that this could have happened in September when i would be in a better place to drop a thousand on a tank.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!
(Fish in the brute are a dusky wrasse, coral beauty, and longnose hawkfish so im not sure about putting them in a tiny tank. Ive already put the clown and damsel that were in the leaky tank into my coral only 16 gallon.)
Also 8 am located 3 hours from a LFS so bringing the livestock to someone to watch it all is not an option.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Ribo15

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they will be fine in the brute for a while as long as there’s a decent amount of live rock and it’s well cycled. Coral would be the issue but just a few fish should be no problem for a couple days. In my opinion. I’ve taken down my tank and left my fish in a Rubbermaid tub for a couple days with no ill effect as long as it’s aerated and heated.

OP
OP
bigbugoutfitters

bigbugoutfitters

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a number of corals in the live rock, but moved most of the corals to the 16 biocube. I have a prime over the brute. Corals k. The brute are almost all sps, mostly encrusting montis, a stylo, cyphastria, anacropora, and some others.

OP
OP
bigbugoutfitters

bigbugoutfitters

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tossed some carbon in.
I hate to do it but i think my only option is an aqueon tank. I do think ill go with the 60 instead of the 75 though as the 75 was just a bit deep for my liking. Just really gotta hope that i do t have another leaking issue.

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Diaper
Back