Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a new 125 installed. New tank and everything. I noticed a scratch on the front of the glass, it's deep enough that my nail catches it. I was sitting on the couch and noticed silicon coming from under the black rim. After looking I then started feeling around the rim and then felt another scratch on the inside of the aquarium but it is not in line with the scratch on the front. Is this a crack about to form?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
H

Hyphnx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 1/2 inch thick

I can't get a good picture of the inside. But what looks like a chip is the silicon from the brace/rim.

IMG_0354.jpeg

AS

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a new 125 installed. New tank and everything. I noticed a scratch on the front of the glass, it's deep enough that my nail catches it. I was sitting on the couch and noticed silicon coming from under the black rim. After looking I then started feeling around the rim and then felt another scratch on the inside of the aquarium but it is not in line with the scratch on the front. Is this a crack about to form?
Oh, I hope not.
I had a 75 that formed a crack on the front bottom corner. It went from about a 1/2" to a 1.5" in 6 months. My lfs replaced the tank free but what a pain to switch it out. I had to return the tank before they gave me the new one.
Good luck OP.

OP
OP
H

Hyphnx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I hope not.
I had a 75 that formed a crack on the front bottom corner. It went from about a 1/2" to a 1.5" in 6 months. My lfs replaced the tank free but what a pain to switch it out. I had to return the tank before they gave me the new one.
Good luck OP.
They are coming out today to replace the tank.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
GHL Advanced Technology
Back