Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clown fish, one watchman goby with a pistol shrimp, one scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp, one turbo snail, handful of other snails and hermit crabs.

I have some aiptasia. I've looked into options. Not interested in a file fish.

However, I have a concern, that if I try to add a creature, my current creatures will eat them.

1) Will peppermint shrimp get along with the goby/pistol shrimp? I don't know where the peppermint shrimp likes to hang out but I don't want it to interfere with these guys. The cleaner shrimp doesn't bother the goby/pistol.

2) If I get some nudibranches, will the doby/pistol/cleaner and more importantly the hermit crabs leave them alone to allow them to get established?

Thanks.

Nutramar Foods

steveschuerger

Corals Admittedly Goni and Torch/Frogspawn nut
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say out of the two predator options, the peps are your best bet. I have a couple pistol shrimp and they never bothered my peppermints.

Top Shelf Aquatics

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One alternate suggestion for you. Look for Kuekenthali shrimp. They have been the best aiptasia controlling shrimp I’ve come across.
That’s the shrimp I have! It was sold as a peppermint and demolished my Aptasia in about a few hours and now he is just the crazy psychopath that bumps into fish in my tank until I need him to help with the other tanks. Definitely recommend.

OP
OP
D

dnprall

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the shrimp I have! It was sold as a peppermint and demolished my Aptasia in about a few hours and now he is just the crazy psychopath that bumps into fish in my tank until I need him to help with the other tanks. Definitely recommend.
Thanks :) I was able to get three peppermint shrimp from Biota. They took care of my aptasia pretty quickly :)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back