+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all dumb question but was just
Curious if I can add any other creatures or coral ideas for my tank.
I currently have a 9 month old tank with 2 paired clownfish, 2 gobies, 1 YWMG, 1 dartfish, and 1 filefish that’ picks at everything (saw it try to nip by brittle starfish). I have a sand sifter starfish as well as 4 turbo snails 4 nassarius snails. Green star polyps are thriving in my tank but would love some other coral ideas?
Also have a peppermint and cleaner shrimp, my pistol got buried under a rock and haven’t seen it in 1 month!

38E467BF-7607-490C-9471-99F26EFD05A4.jpeg

Corals.com
Nutramar Foods

MoshJosh

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all dumb question but was just
Curious if I can add any other creatures or coral ideas for my tank.
I currently have a 9 month old tank with 2 paired clownfish, 2 gobies, 1 YWMG, 1 dartfish, and 1 filefish that’ picks at everything (saw it try to nip by brittle starfish). I have a sand sifter starfish as well as 4 turbo snails 4 nassarius snails. Green star polyps are thriving in my tank but would love some other coral ideas?
Also have a peppermint and cleaner shrimp, my pistol got buried under a rock and haven’t seen it in 1 month!

View attachment 3124113
Always room for more corals! Depends on lighting and parameters, but some easy ones that I like: Green finger leather, discosoma mushrooms, kenya tree, duncans, galaxe (will sting anything near it!), monti caps, monti digi. . .

Top Shelf Aquatics

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice thing with a reef tank is you can almost always find a spot for another coral. A healthy reef tank can have corals from wall to wall, across the sand, up the sides, all the way across the tank, growing on the pumps. Corals can easily adapt to growing on just about any surface and have the ability to keep growing till they run out of light or run into a more powerful coral.

From the photo you posted, you have a long way to go before you are filled up with corals.

Dave B

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
H

haigyfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice thing with a reef tank is you can almost always find a spot for another coral. A healthy reef tank can have corals from wall to wall, across the sand, up the sides, all the way across the tank, growing on the pumps. Corals can easily adapt to growing on just about any surface and have the ability to keep growing till they run out of light or run into a more powerful coral.

From the photo you posted, you have a long way to go before you are filled up with corals.

Dave B
We’ll said brother I completely agree I want coral
Fields throughout my tank! Currently I am running a 90w led mainly blue light

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 7 fish in a 30, I would say your tank is fully stocked. I only kept 5 fish in my 32 gallon.
I would agree but i Change the water every other week and keep it very clean, at 7 fish I am at my
Max forsure. I was considering a fighting chonch!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back