Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if they have been fed well up until being cut off, quite a while. Few weeks, but for their sake i wouldn't push it. I mean, people can live 2 weeks without food, but it sure isn't fun. I am sure they feel the same.

Corals.com

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no need for them to be without food, just go buy an automatic fish feeder. I mean, no one would ask this about a dog or cat.....
My fish spit water and splash me if they don't get fed every 4-6 hours... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Same for the dog (minus the splashing).

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This answer will vary greatly on your particular tank. A really nice mature reef tank with an abundance of liverock and a healthy pod population can feed most fish populations indefinitely. Fish in the wild don't get pellets tossed down to them, they have to hunt for their meals.

Finding pods, algae, sponge to eat - pending the type of fish - to support the fish population can be a simple task in a heavily rocked tank that's been established for a long period of time.

Until I got the itch to start keeping anthias in my display tanks, my reef tanks had a big fish population and were only fed a couple of times a year. Nice healthy fat fish surviving off what the tank produced.

Dave B

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please consider purchasing one or two automatic fish feeders. I run 2 when I am out of town in case I didn't set one correct or it malfunctions. You wouldn't want to go hungry would you?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back