Suggestions on cooling system for nano

GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Evo 13.5g and the eshopps nano skimmer pump is producing too much heat for a stable temp even when my heater is turned off. I need suggestions for a cooling fan or system, ideally that would fit in the empty chamber of my filtration compartment on the side
(9cm x 7cm x 1ft).

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A simple fan blowing over the surface might work reasonably at dropping the temp by 1-2 degrees F depending on ambient humidity.

OP
OP
GothFishKeeper

GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about that but I need the lid on my tank because of cats. That’s why I’d prefer to have it in the filter chamber. If I have to get a mesh lid for it I can but then there’s the issue of the 3.5" x 3.5" hole in the corner for my skimmer. I modified the stock lid for that purpose (as seen in picture) but I don’t know how I would do that for a mesh lid
IMG_8266.jpeg

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about that but I need the lid on my tank because of cats. That’s why I’d prefer to have it in the filter chamber. If I have to get a mesh lid for it I can but then there’s the issue of the 3.5" x 3.5" hole in the corner for my skimmer. I modified the stock lid for that purpose (as seen in picture) but I don’t know how I would do that for a mesh lid
IMG_8266.jpeg
You might need one of these?

echo11011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back