GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the eshopps nano skimmer with the stock pump (Sicce Micra) connected to a co2 scrubber, but the pump doesn’t pull in enough air to make the scrubber effective. Does anyone have suggestions on a stronger pump that will fit the ehsopps nano skimmer?

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Measure the outlet width & check out eheim compacts.cheap, efficient little pumps that have been around since the arc.i use a 300 to power my zeolite reactor.they come with adaptors

OP
OP
GothFishKeeper

GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Measure the outlet width & check out eheim compacts.cheap, efficient little pumps that have been around since the arc.i use a 300 to power my zeolite reactor.they come with adaptors
Is this the one you’re talking about? And if so do you think 264gph is enough when the 90gph pump i have doesn’t work at all?

Aquariumaddictuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the one you’re talking about? And if so do you think 264gph is enough when the 90gph pump i have doesn’t work at all?
US gallons always confuse me.
compacton 300/600/1000 are the UK sizes.
IME if you half the claimed output you're about accurate(my 300 puts 144litres pH through my zeolite but that's resistance you don't have obviously) I'd measure output from your current pump then aim for double.
An easy way is to measure 30 seconds flow then x120.

OP
OP
GothFishKeeper

GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
US gallons always confuse me.
compacton 300/600/1000 are the UK sizes.
IME if you half the claimed output you're about accurate(my 300 puts 144litres pH through my zeolite but that's resistance you don't have obviously) I'd measure output from your current pump then aim for double.
An easy way is to measure 30 seconds flow then x120.
Ah yes sorry I didn’t see your username at first, I agree US measurements are pretty ridiculous, especially the liquid measurements.

My current pump doesn’t pull enough air through for the media to work, and that’s at 340 liters per hour, so I’ll probably need the 1000 model, right?

Aquariumaddictuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes sorry I didn’t see your username at first, I agree US measurements are pretty ridiculous, especially the liquid measurements.

My current pump doesn’t pull enough air through for the media to work, and that’s at 340 liters per hour, so I’ll probably need the 1000 model, right?
Potentially 600.
I'd measure the output of yours & see.
If in reality it's putting out 150-200 litres, the 600 should be hitting around 300 which may be enough.
Also, size of pump is a factor

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back