Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using a stand alone doser I always use Kamoer. I have one that’s been on a system for 7 years and it’s still running strong. The only thing we have done is change the heads a few times and calibrate.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

GuppyHJD

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had Versa's and Dos's. Sold them and got Kamoer's. Been much happier with them and could have saved a lot of money had I chose them to start with.
Which Kamoer model did you change to?

GuppyHJD

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Versa can definitely dose but you can't see them away from home. Kamoer X1 is where it's at. For the price and features china is making echotech look bad. They'll get no more $$ for me until they enter the 21st century and put some WiFi on their equipment. Cuz they charge like it should be there but it ain't
Rob - when you are away from home, what would you want to see concerning the doser? That it is powered up? That is dosed? Which really means you need remote testing?

CLICK TO VIEW

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob - when you are away from home, what would you want to see concerning the doser? That it is powered up? That is dosed? Which really means you need remote testing?
Alkalinity dosing if I need to make adjustments on the fly would be a big one for me. I'm often traveling for work, weeks at a time. The other would be any dosing I want to start or stop for any reason. I don't want to have to connect literally everything to a controller to do that. Sucks up to many outlets on the power bars and just increases dependency on one device. That all been said, the versa is still a good doser with a far better app than Kamoer. Kamoers are better pumps. They need to get married lol

GuppyHJD

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alkalinity dosing if I need to make adjustments on the fly would be a big one for me. I'm often traveling for work, weeks at a time. The other would be any dosing I want to start or stop for any reason. I don't want to have to connect literally everything to a controller to do that. Sucks up to many outlets on the power bars and just increases dependency on one device. That all been said, the versa is still a good doser with a far better app than Kamoer. Kamoers are better pumps. They need to get married lol
I ordered a Kamoer pump last night...and will pair with a Raspberry Pi or Arduino. I will be able to increase/decreate the pump. Alk measurement is the hurdle for me.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral Frenzy
Back