Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure you get them from a good vendor. My order from @TCK Corals came in today. Full polyp extensions in the bag and in the tank. I have gotten frags from big names with local pickup and they don't even have this much polyp extensions or color. So the source does matter...

View attachment 2903271
View attachment 2903272
Dec 1st I took my first shipment from TCK. Everything was awesome. My order contained these two SPS frags. Rainbow Shag Tenuis that I bought has awesome polyp extension, but the color (upon arrival) and since it's been in my tank hasn't colored up at all. The grafted monti sunfire I picked up on the same order has been beautiful from the start and has easily doubled in size. Regarding the rainbow shag - I've had it all over my tank in regards to placement, starting at the bottom and as high as 4" from the surface for short periods of time. I never see any regress or progress on the PE no matter where it's at, but I can't get the beautiful. colors on the product pic. I've reached out to TCK a few times to see what kind of lighting they were giving it. Just wondering what sort of par schedule yours are seeing as I haven't heard back from TCK?

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back