Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point! Both times I have been stuck and had to reach out they also provided step by step instruction on how to fix it myself next time, so could get both with one stone hopefully - they can be a great resource! There is also the Neptune systems forum (I'd link but I think it is frowned upon to link other forums) that can also be some good reading
The Neptune forum is a great source, but a bit technical IMHO. I don't mind it, but I'm educated as a engineer, so I'm a bit weird and don't mind reading technical publications, lol.

The Neptune official Facebook is about a crap show, lol.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole box should have been shrink wrapped. Apex stickers, and a card that says where the website is.

View attachment 3051369
This, it should of been shrink wrapped. Got a NIB A2 back around the holidays and it was shrink wrapped (head unit only). IIRC, the A3's are shrink-wrapped also when on the shelf. As @Dburr1014 said, you may of got a return unit sold to you. Frankly you should of got a discount as a open box (usually 10-15 percent) if that's the case.

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also the Neptune systems forum (I'd link but I think it is frowned upon to link other forums) that can also be some good reading
You mean this one? :p

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I am naïve but I don't think I got a used apex. I reached out to the LFS and they said it was a new unit and everything that I ordered came straight from BRS. I also got and opened so many things I don't immediately actually remember is it was shrink wrapped or not. I have known the owners of the LFS for years and they have helped me out immensely, I really don't think they would stiff me.

I also think I am making some progress on figuring out what is going on. So the Swx1 switches are linked to the three FMM ports on the head unit.
IMG_8920.PNG

IMG_8921.PNG

And I believe that line 4 of the code (swx1_1), first post of this thread, came from when I attached and setup my leak detector to the first FMM port. I did not realize this was the case yesterday and I was trying to run different tasks to get it set up when in actuality it looks like it was already setup. I think I might have accidently run the task for ATK with leak detection which I think could have added the the swx1_2 alarm as well as the sw1 and sw2 as the high and low optical sensors. This came from some discussions with Neptune, and seems reasonable to me.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm missing something, someone correct me. But you have "If Sw2 Open Then On". The normal state for these switches is open. So the apex is going to continue to alarm. Delete that Sw2 line from the code.

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm missing something, someone correct me. But you have "If Sw2 Open Then On". The normal state for these switches is open. So the apex is going to continue to alarm. Delete that Sw2 line from the code.
Thanks, I ended up deleting several of the lines which resolved the issues. The new code looks like this with Leak_S being the sump leak detector
IMG_8922.PNG

World Wide Corals

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to know you figured it out. The Swx ports are the factory fmm port indents and the sw ports is for the break out box/analog inputs. Sounds like you learned something. I'm thinking some of the programming you were teething on from using the task manager added the additional lines of code.

I'm a LONG time A1 user, so I didn't have a task manager app until I upgraded to an A2. It's convenient as can be but reefers won't learn the deeper abilities of the apex since they won't know how to custom program outlets and I/O signals.

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to know you figured it out. The Swx ports are the factory fmm port indents and the sw ports is for the break out box/analog inputs. Sounds like you learned something. I'm thinking some of the programming you were teething on from using the task manager added the additional lines of code.

I'm a LONG time A1 user, so I didn't have a task manager app until I upgraded to an A2. It's convenient as can be but reefers won't learn the deeper abilities of the apex since they won't know how to custom program outlets and I/O signals.
Yeah for sure. My last tank I never had an Apex so I am slowly picking things up but when I first was trying to digest everything yesterday I felt like I was drowning and am pretty sure that's when I messed things up trying to run tasks without knowing what the heck I was doing. Thank you for all the help and advice though, I greatly appreciate it!

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tunze
Back