Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 2 days into Apex ownership and am struggling with some alarms that show continuously on. I have been getting an Sw2 Open alarm consistently and I have no idea what Sw2 is. Currently I have that Apex A3 and have a pH probe, temp probe, ethernet, and a leak detector plugged into FMM1 on the head unit as well as an aquabus to the EB832. For the EB832 I have two wavemakers, a reefmat, two heaters, and a motion light plugged into the outlets. I also have a cor15 plugged into the 1link. My email alert came preprogrammed with a bunch of alarms that I don’t know what they are, but Sw2 is currently giving me the issue
20C087A3-5C23-4ADF-8B1D-F25E6872686F.png

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You buy second hand? If so, someone previously programmed sw2 to making a outlet function, or sending an alert. May need to check the alarm sliders programming.
To the best of my knowledge I bought it new from my local LFS. It looked new coming out of the box at least. The only code that I added was lines 9,10 for the dual heater program. I assume lines 6,7,8 came from me setting up my Cor15 through the task but I really dont know for that either

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like something is inadvertently programmed to sw2. Sw2 is the bob 'break out box' ports. You can either check your alarm code or figure out what you may of programmed sw2 to.

Click the red:
Screenshot_20230306-082047~2.png

Click the red
Screenshot_20230306-081529~3.png

Click the alarm icon and then check what is set up to alarm & wrn
Screenshot_20230306-081900~2.png

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You buy second hand? If so, someone previously programmed sw2 to making a outlet function, or sending an alert. May need to check the alarm sliders programming.
This is what I am seeing:
IMG_8918.PNG

IMG_8917.PNG

Alarm _1_2 is just "Set OFF" and says it is for FMM_1 at aquabus address 1 which is where I think I have my leak detector plugged in.
SndAlm_I6 and SndAlm_I7 are both also "Set OFF"
The EmailAlm_I5 is the picture in the original post.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its possible
Sounds like it's a leak detector issue, unplug it and see if it goes away.
I can try that when I get home. I guess its possible I messed up in the tasks when trying to set this up, not sure how I would've added all of that though. Do you know what lines 3,4,5 are all about?

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its possible

I can try that when I get home. I guess its possible I messed up in the tasks when trying to set this up, not sure how I would've added all of that though. Do you know what lines 3,4,5 are all about?
Someone programmed that. Most likely the previous owner.
I hope you didn't pay full price for a used item. If so, if so back to the LFS and ask if they said it was new. You have the proof in the screen shot.

Edit: sw stands for switch. Typically from a breakout box. Did you get a breakout box? It thinks it's open, meaning like a door open so the circuit is broken.

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone programmed that. Most likely the previous owner.
I hope you didn't pay full price for a used item. If so, if so back to the LFS and ask if they said it was new. You have the proof in the screen shot.

Edit: sw stands for switch. Typically from a breakout box. Did you get a breakout box? It thinks it's open, meaning like a door open so the circuit is broken.
I have an ATK but I haven't set it up yet and that comes with its own FMM (is that what you mean by breakout box?). I was definitely fumbling around in the tasks trying to set things, is it possible I accidently did this when trying to add the one leak detector? I have used the same LFS for years and I would be very surprised if they sold me a used unit as new but who knows.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATK but I haven't set it up yet and that comes with its own FMM (is that what you mean by breakout box?). I was definitely fumbling around in the tasks trying to set things, is it possible I accidently did this when trying to add the one leak detector? I have used the same LFS for years and I would be very surprised if they sold me a used unit as new but who knows.

This is a break out box:
Screenshot_20230306-085854.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole box should have been shrink wrapped. Apex stickers, and a card that says where the website is.

View attachment 3051369
I just reached out to them so we will see, the box was not shrink wrapped, but I believe had everything else you mentioned

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune they can login to your unit from their computer and straighten things out. Their support is usually great!
True, but as a user you should learn how to troubleshoot your equipment yourself... As a A1 & recent A2 user, my A1 gets no love if I need help, just buy a newer unit as support is limited.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, but as a user you should learn how to troubleshoot your equipment yourself... As a A1 & recent A2 user, my A1 gets no love if I need help, just buy a newer unit as support is limited.
Good point! Both times I have been stuck and had to reach out they also provided step by step instruction on how to fix it myself next time, so could get both with one stone hopefully - they can be a great resource! There is also the Neptune systems forum (I'd link but I think it is frowned upon to link other forums) that can also be some good reading

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back