Struggling Clownfish

Jay_B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help! One of our Clowns is struggling. She lays down on her belly a lot and barely moves her fins, but when you go near the tank, she starts swimming around but seems to struggle a little. I cannot see any Ich, but I've read about swim bladder issues and/or infections and a dozen other possibilities...

Attachments

• IMG_3248.MOV
    10.7 MB
  • IMG_3246.MOV
    30.7 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Please help! One of our Clowns is struggling. She lays down on her belly a lot and barely moves her fins, but when you go near the tank, she starts swimming around but seems to struggle a little. I cannot see any Ich, but I've read about swim bladder issues and/or infections and a dozen other possibilities...
This is seen often with tank raised species and often genetic or a development issue with tank raised clowns. Their bladders dont inflate as they should causing this sink and fall effect and there is no treatment for it
You can try ruby rally pro but likely wont change anything and is safe to use with inverts

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Is the clownfish still eating? if so, I agree that this issue is a genetic or developmental issue often seen in tank raised clownfish. It stems from an under-inflated swim bladder. There is no treatment, but the fish can usually live a fairly normal existence...

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back