+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow reefers,

I have a black light torch that had a bit of an accident about a month ago, my pencil sea urchin knocked it off the rock and spent about 3 days on the sand on its side, that been said, I placed him back with extra glue and he seemed to be doing fine, recovering, until this morning, he’s retracted almost completely. My parameters are 8.2 PH, .042 phosphates, 36.5 Nitrates, 9.0 Kh, 446 Ca, 1290 Mg. Evertything else seem to be thriving. I did make a change this week, I changed my AI Prime 16HD for a Radion XR15 G6, similar PAR settings. On a special note, I also have a blue monti that retracted today, all polyps, all other montis doing fine as well as my other torch.

Any clues on this or recommendations?

Thanks,

Top Shelf Aquatics

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow reefers,

I have a black light torch that had a bit of an accident about a month ago, my pencil sea urchin knocked it off the rock and spent about 3 days on the sand on its side, that been said, I placed him back with extra glue and he seemed to be doing fine, recovering, until this morning, he’s retracted almost completely. My parameters are 8.2 PH, .042 phosphates, 36.5 Nitrates, 9.0 Kh, 446 Ca, 1290 Mg. Evertything else seem to be thriving. I did make a change this week, I changed my AI Prime 16HD for a Radion XR15 G6, similar PAR settings. On a special note, I also have a blue monti that retracted today, all polyps, all other montis doing fine as well as my other torch.

Any clues on this or recommendations?

Thanks,
If all of your corals were upset I would say it’s chemical, however it is not.

I think it’s just the torch and monti that are ticked which usually means it’s specific to those two. It may have an infection or it may be pooping OR it could be stressed because of the changes from being turnt over to in bright light again. If you add pictures that would help a ton!!

OP
OP
jgalina

jgalina

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all of your corals were upset I would say it’s chemical, however it is not.

I think it’s just the torch and monti that are ticked which usually means it’s specific to those two. It may have an infection or it may be pooping OR it could be stressed because of the changes from being turnt over to in bright light again. If you add pictures that would help a ton!!
Thank you so much for your reply, you’re totally right, without pics, there’s no much that can be assessed. The monti is doing better, polyps are out.

Attachments

• IMG_4429.jpeg
    IMG_4429.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4430.jpeg
    IMG_4430.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4431.jpeg
    IMG_4431.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4432.jpeg
    IMG_4432.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4433.jpeg
    IMG_4433.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 12
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Zoanthids.com
Back