Storing salt.

Joiningsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have about 90 gallons total of water volume between tank and sump and am looking to do small daily water changes. Basically scoop a small pitcher out and replace daily. But plan on trying to figure out a auto water change setup “hopefully” lol

Anyway. Does storing salt affect its parameters in anyway? How long can you generally store salt for?

jgabbsxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5gal bucket of salt that I have stored in my basement that I purchased 2 years ago. I generally don't think I will go through this salt for quite some time. I've had no issues with parameter swings using it over the years.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS did a video (or maybe a series) about this. I'm not sure how accurate they are, but if I remember correctly some salts were less stable over time than others.
It also made a difference whether you heated or not.

I make saltwater in batches that last a month or two, stored in a dark container with a lid (not air tight), with a pump and heater.

Edit: found the video I was thinking about

OP
OP
J

Joiningsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BRS did a video (or maybe a series) about this. I'm not sure how accurate they are, but if I remember correctly some salts were less stable over time than others.
It also made a difference whether you heated or not.

I make saltwater in batches that last a month or two, stored in a dark container with a lid (not air tight), with a pump and heater.

Edit: found the video I was thinking about

Thanks. This is what I was looking for!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back