Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

so my tank has completed its nitrogen cycle
(29 gallon tall)
It started with 30lbs live sand (caribsea oolite sand) and 30lbs of well cured wet live rock from LFS (it came seeded with what appears to be a zooanthus colony that is continuing to thrive and grow) Tank has a very healthy amount of copepods, diatoms came and I added a few inverts to control the bloom and help with cleaning

1x emerald crab (very small)
3x tiny blue leg hermits
1x Nassarius snail
1x fighting conch (holy moly does this guy poop)

after watching them and water, it remains at 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, and around 5 ppm nitrate.

I added a pair of clowns (1” and 1.5”)because I was super stoked about clowns however some other family members aren’t as excited about their low level of energy (they hosted my heater and only really leave to eat, and every once in a while to swim around a tad and then back to the host)

if I wanted to add more active swimmers, would I be able to? The fish the kid and girlfriend are looking at are an approx 1” royal gramma, approx 1” Bangaii cardinal, and a smaller tail spot blenny.

I understand you need to take grown size into account but in July/august I’ll be moving everything to a 75 gallon display with a 40 gallon sump once we move into the bigger house and can cycle it. Can I add these guys for now with the knowledge that they’ll be in a bigger tank before they have too much time to grow?

Top Shelf Aquatics

JCM

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they'll all be fine even in the 29-gallon (and definitely so if you're planning to upgrade in a few months).
I agree with baxsum, you’re fine even if you don’t upgrade. I have 2x clowns, royal gramma, 6 line wrass, yellow tailed damsel and a diamond goby in a 32 gallon.

I'm with these guys, sounds like a fine plan.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back