+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

So I've had my system running post cycle little over 6 months now and interested if I can add another member to my tank.
I've been hesitant because I rather understock than overstock, but yet I see people with this tank throwing 8/9 fish in and I'm just not sure.

Right now, I have a pair of clowns, a firefish, Randall's goby, bicolor blenny, and Melanurus wrasse.

I really would like to add some sort of dwarf angel, but not sure if I should or that would be pushing it. Also, kinda worried about nipping corals.

Anybody have any recommendations?
Also, any experience with either a Pygmy Angel, Bicolor Angel, Coral Beauty, or Flame Angels? These were the ones I was looking at as they are smaller.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1583335501620.png

Tahoe61

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a Coral Beauty in my JBJ 45. It's really the only Dwarf Angel I some what trust with corals and clams.
I would say that your are pushing it stocking wise.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ScottB

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless your other fish are already large, I think you'd be fine adding a juvenile Coral Beauty or flame. It could get a little tight once everyone grows out, but that is what upgrades are for :)

Spkarim

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pygmy angel.

generally a good citizen for me. Mine doesn’t nip at corals. Was a bit territorial with new wrasse added afterwards, but that calmed down quickly. Smaller than other dwarf angels so may be good choice for you.
Does ok in similar size tank as yours with clowns, royal gramma, small wrasse, bangaii cardinal

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pygmy Angel, Bicolor Angel, Coral Beauty, or Flame Angels? These were the ones I was looking at as they are smaller.

Pygmy would be the best choice. The other three get bigger. Looks like a jbj 45 is only about 26" x 20" footprint? That's not a lot of swimming room, for even the smallest angels.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Reefer37

Reefer37

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might keep it as is, rather play it safe than have ammonia issues or aggression in the tank. Honestly everyone has adapted really well, it was a big shocker for everyone in the tank when I brought home a 3" wrasse though. They've all gotten use to him and honestly he pays little mind to any fish, just constantly hunting or playing with his reflection in the glass. Haha

I'm planning on upgrading when we move in October, maybe shoot for an angel in that tank, maybe I can get a bigger one then. Probably gonna go 75g or more! Yay for more possibilities and fish. Lol
Really want a tang one day.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

So I've had my system running post cycle little over 6 months now and interested if I can add another member to my tank.
I've been hesitant because I rather understock than overstock, but yet I see people with this tank throwing 8/9 fish in and I'm just not sure.

Right now, I have a pair of clowns, a firefish, Randall's goby, bicolor blenny, and Melanurus wrasse.

I really would like to add some sort of dwarf angel, but not sure if I should or that would be pushing it. Also, kinda worried about nipping corals.

Anybody have any recommendations?
Also, any experience with either a Pygmy Angel, Bicolor Angel, Coral Beauty, or Flame Angels? These were the ones I was looking at as they are smaller.
stay away from angels, my flame was a model citizen over a yr then one day started eating corals. Wiped out sps & a 4 yr old rock that was covered w gsp! Was a real PIA to catch and remove. Some may get lucky with these but why take the chance on such an expensive fish too? I wish I never did.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back