Starting New tank running on Aquaforest products

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pain

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Aquaforest,

I have build my new tank and started on 19/1/2018 and i got the list below of aquaforest product.
Please let me know if i missed any of the product i should get for the tank.

And please advise me with which product should i start.
I have used Pure ammonia to start the cycle and adding 7 drops of Bio S monitoring NH3 with seneye device.

Products List:
Probiotic Reef Salt
Bio S
Pro Bio S
-NP Pro
AF Amino Mix
AF Build
AF Energy
AF Vitality
AF Phyto Mix
Component 1+ 2+ 3+
Carbon
Phosphate Minus

Tank Specification:
L: 150cm
H: 55cm
W: 55cm
Sump:
L: 120cm
H: 43cm
W: 39cm
Total Tank Volume : 655 liter.
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-19 at 9.32.24 PM.jpeg

Anirban

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, the list looks fine but I would advise not to add the amino or vitamin now. Your probiotic salt already contains both of them so you don't need to dose them in addition. Once you have good amount of corals in that tank then you can add some of the amino and vitamin in addition if needed.

OP
OP
Pain

Pain

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great,

As for now i should only use bio S 7 drops for 14 days right
Carbon and phosphate minus.
Nothing else till the cycle finish ?

after that i can introduce the fish and coral slowly to the system.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, nothing else. Also, you don't need the carbon or GFO now as you don't have any nutrient source in the tank. Just keep the skimmer running.

OP
OP
Pain

Pain

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, nothing else. Also, you don't need the carbon or GFO now as you don't have any nutrient source in the tank. Just keep the skimmer running.

Great, i will keep you posted for any update on the tank :D thank you so much Anirban.
I was thinking also to get some PODS but unfortunately it's hard to get them here in Saudi Arabia. i'm checking online if there is some good company can ship them to here.

SewerynAquaforest

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually AF recommend to use Carbon and Phosphate Minus from the start. It's quite often that rock has some phosphates and others not necessary needed elements...
Phosphate minus remove not only Phosphates but silicates and other unwanted substances.
If you think seriously about having good results it will be better to use from the beginning. As above you will not need any additives for corals because you don't have ...
Even if you will have after 2-3 months corals don't dose ABEV too much to not overdose it. 1/10 of recommended dosage and very slowly rise and observe

OP
OP
Pain

Pain

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually AF recommend to use Carbon and Phosphate Minus from the start. It's quite often that rock has some phosphates and others not necessary needed elements...
Phosphate minus remove not only Phosphates but silicates and other unwanted substances.
If you think seriously about having good results it will be better to use from the beginning. As above you will not need any additives for corals because you don't have ...
Even if you will have after 2-3 months corals don't dose ABEV too much to not overdose it. 1/10 of recommended dosage and very slowly rise and observe

Thank you for this useful information yes I'm using the carbon and phosphate minus.

Just one question do i need to make water change weekly or should I wait till the cycle end?

SewerynAquaforest

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this useful information yes I'm using the carbon and phosphate minus.

Just one question do i need to make water change weekly or should I wait till the cycle end?
You don't need to make waterchanges at the beginning. After 2 months you can start to do it once every 2weeks. Till you don't have any life in your tank it's not necessary to make waterchanges often.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back