Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone help tell me if this stocking list is good? Too many fish? Other suggestions?

Tank info:
69 Gallon Red Sea Max 260 model.
Currently fallow due to velvet outbreak.
Surviving fish: engineer goby, yellow watchmen, and a purple fire fish (fire fish will go in a separate nano tank).

List is attached in the file below. Numbers are on the side for quantity I want to add. I listed the species I was interested in below in hopes of some suggestions!

042D35D6-E9F9-41A2-A9DB-AC48B2AC4D5B.png

Nutramar Foods

Phil Steel

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful of the flame angel (if you choose it) as they is hit or miss when it comes to reef friendly. Make sure your pod population is plentiful before you add the mandarin in case it doesn't take to other food and agreed the tang should be dropped if you have a dwarf angel.

Good luck, the list sounds promising!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful of the flame angel (if you choose it) as they is hit or miss when it comes to reef friendly. Make sure your pod population is plentiful before you add the mandarin in case it doesn't take to other food and agreed the tang should be dropped if you have a dwarf angel.

Good luck, the list sounds promising!
Yeah I’m thinking of nixing the tang with how many people say not to. It’s all about what’s best for the fish, so until I upgrade to a bigger tank I’ll wait on the tang!
And yeah I know about the pods for the mandarin, however I was recommended to look at Biota, they have tank raised dragonets that eat frozen food and come eating frozen food, so I thought I would give that one a try down the road.

And are flames like coral beauties? I had a CB but she died from velvet and I was so sad, but she was awesome with my corals.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay everyone I re did the stocking with taking suggestions! I would appreciate comments! I also added the order which I would add the fish. I plan on putting yellow watchmen and EG in first, I have them in QT as the only survivors of the evil velvet .

Attachments

• 70C86FF1-09C3-4D55-8DC1-C6DED4E9CADD.png
    70C86FF1-09C3-4D55-8DC1-C6DED4E9CADD.png
    426.3 KB · Views: 9
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ecotech Marine
Back