Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in this hobby for about 1 1/2 years now (Saltwater) about 6 years (Freshwater), and starting out, I have dealt with condy anemones getting hung up in wavemakers, So if you are going to have an anemone, make sure you do something to try and protect it, you'll usually wake up in the morning or come home and there it will be, sucked into the anemone death trap, this time is the first time I have ever had it happen to a long tentacle that was every bit 12" in diameter, it's a pretty big nem, well got up about 1 1/2 weeks ago to him sucked into my canister filter intake tube, thought for sure he was a goner, he was sucked 10" into the tube sticking out the other side,i left him sitting for 6 hours, tickled his foot to try and get him to back out and everything, finally I ended up cutting him out of it, his foot seems fine, but the rest, even the mouth is destroyed, he is hosting a maroon clown too, he never left his side, still hasn't, if you have an anemone get stuck, don't write him off as dead immediately, there is a very good chance, he will bounce back, just takes time to heal. Here he is during and after his accident, and he has even eaten a small piece of shrimp. I just thought I would write this to let people know, if your nem gets wrapped around and sucked into the powerhead or something, there is hope for him, so be gentle and take care and nurse him back to health, It's not a lost cause all the time

1rst pic taken with damage.jpg 20190816_150055.jpg 20190818_202135.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in this hobby for about 1 1/2 years now (Saltwater) about 6 years (Freshwater), and starting out, I have dealt with condy anemones getting hung up in wavemakers, So if you are going to have an anemone, make sure you do something to try and protect it, you'll usually wake up in the morning or come home and there it will be, sucked into the anemone death trap, this time is the first time I have ever had it happen to a long tentacle that was every bit 12" in diameter, it's a pretty big nem, well got up about 1 1/2 weeks ago to him sucked into my canister filter intake tube, thought for sure he was a goner, he was sucked 10" into the tube sticking out the other side,i left him sitting for 6 hours, tickled his foot to try and get him to back out and everything, finally I ended up cutting him out of it, his foot seems fine, but the rest, even the mouth is destroyed, he is hosting a maroon clown too, he never left his side, still hasn't, if you have an anemone get stuck, don't write him off as dead immediately, there is a very good chance, he will bounce back, just takes time to heal. Here he is during and after his accident, and he has even eaten a small piece of shrimp. I just thought I would write this to let people know, if your nem gets wrapped around and sucked into the powerhead or something, there is hope for him, so be gentle and take care and nurse him back to health, It's not a lost cause all the time

View attachment 1169929 View attachment 1169930 View attachment 1169937
Good advice.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back