Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As expected my skimmer went berserk after dosing chemiclean. I’ve turned it off for a while to build up nitrate and phos in my system (which worked) but now i need my skimmer back and its still overflowing heavily, even after i took it out and cleaned it. Its been running and overflowing into the sump for two days now.

Am I just looking at a (hopefully) shorter re-breakin period? Or is there something else I need to do?

Corals.com

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As expected my skimmer went berserk after dosing chemiclean. I’ve turned it off for a while to build up nitrate and phos in my system (which worked) but now i need my skimmer back and its still overflowing heavily, even after i took it out and cleaned it. Its been running and overflowing into the sump for two days now.

Am I just looking at a (hopefully) shorter re-breakin period? Or is there something else I need to do?
Carbon

OP
OP
Keko21

Keko21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense. However, I cant do carbon now since im running dino x… (chemiclean was the tx before confirm of dinos, and i did a water change post tx).

Nitrate (15ppm) Phos .15ppm are creeping up higher than id like…

BRS

awyman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I struggled with this too. What worked for me was running the skimmer cup drain into a bucket. After about 5 gallons the skimmer was back to normal. I was skeptical to try it at first but it worked!

OP
OP
Keko21

Keko21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I struggled with this too. What worked for me was running the skimmer cup drain into a bucket. After about 5 gallons the skimmer was back to normal. I was skeptical to try it at first but it worked!
Worth a shot!
0C8CA456-B0CF-4DC7-9CF9-A34332EDC200.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

water change then addition of carbon. You may have to leave the skimmer cup off for a day or two

OP
OP
Keko21

Keko21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold star for you sir!!!! ⭐️ Worked like a charm!!!!

Last edited:

taricha

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense. However, I cant do carbon now since im running dino x… (chemiclean was the tx before confirm of dinos
Let us know how chemi-clean + dinoX goes for your system.

OP
OP
Keko21

Keko21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how chemi-clean + dinoX goes for your system.
Chemi-clean didnt do much and the tank was just a big mess when i dosed it which seemed to make the dinos worse. I’m on dose 2 of dino x and at the moment certainly seems to have stalled the dino growth after 1 dose, im hoping the next few will be the hammer and I’ll start to see receding. All of my fish and inverts are totally ok. My hammer coral is the only one that is really not looking to hot….

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral Frenzy
Back