View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.

Just wow.

2x of the 57" Grow blades on my 150 gallon. 60" wide, 24" deep, 24" high.

Lights at 70% gives me 450 par at 12" depth, around 325 par at 18" depth, and 250 par on the bed. Across the entire tank, except maybe down a bit in the far corners. Too high actually for my tank without a long acclimation period.

at 30% during ramp-down I'm still seeing 100 par on the sand bed!

2 of these is easily going to be enough with the tank, I have zero interest in a third blade for this tank. I've just about doubled my PAR and these lights are more than enough to be the only lights on the tank.

I'm going to start at 50% or 60% for my daily power output and see how the corals go.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
hhaase

hhaase

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full tank shot of the new setup. I need to sort out white balance but man it's just sooooo nice looking now in person. Can't wait to see what the corals do.

HansReef-0109.JPG

panand

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full tank shot of the new setup. I need to sort out white balance but man it's just sooooo nice looking now in person. Can't wait to see what the corals do.

View attachment 3045227
Looks good. What type of mount are you using for those lights?
I am in same situation looking at either 48 or 57 for my 59inch tank(redsea 525)

OP
OP
hhaase

hhaase

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just shy of 2 weeks since the new lights, and so far I'm still extremely happy with them. I am seeing a noticeable growth spurt on just about all of my corals, some of them quite dramatically growing to be honest. Coloration is a bit slower, but there is definitely an improvement in color going around the tank.

Still glad I only bought the two blades, no desire for a third one yet.

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just shy of 2 weeks since the new lights, and so far I'm still extremely happy with them. I am seeing a noticeable growth spurt on just about all of my corals, some of them quite dramatically growing to be honest. Coloration is a bit slower, but there is definitely an improvement in color going around the tank.

Still glad I only bought the two blades, no desire for a third one yet.
Are you seeing a color difference on the lights. From right to left of the bars like most of us are. Basically corded side is whiter. Opposite side more blue?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like how close you can mount them to the surface of the tank as I really HATE led glare. I am interested to see how they hold up over time.

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not, to be honest. If there is a color shift it's subtle enough that I don't see it.
Running all three channels at equal output, 60% peak during the day.

-Hans
You also have a bunch of other lights too so. I’m only running blades. It’s noticeable. Many others here have same deal. Ai is being as helpful as they can.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
hhaase

hhaase

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also have a bunch of other lights too so. I’m only running blades. It’s noticeable. Many others here have same deal. Ai is being as helpful as they can.

Oh, all the other lights have been removed. All I've got on the tank now is the blades. A pair of 57" Grow's.

OP
OP
hhaase

hhaase

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See if you notice it. The corded side is more white. Other is more blue. Maybe on the bigger they got it right

Ok, now I do see it. Earlier in the day I had a lot of light coming in from outside, but now that it's gone cloudy outdoors, and I have all the other lights in the room turned off, I can see it. Now that I know what to look for it's pretty noticeable. Intriguing. I'll have to look into the other threads to see what's going on.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be interesting to see the power delivery at each blade module to see if it drops of with each additional module or after a certain number of modules.
If so this would explain the color shift. It would also show why you should leave lighting to the lighting experts and not to a marketing group in PA.

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now I do see it. Earlier in the day I had a lot of light coming in from outside, but now that it's gone cloudy outdoors, and I have all the other lights in the room turned off, I can see it. Now that I know what to look for it's pretty noticeable. Intriguing. I'll have to look into the other threads to see what's going on.
It was in the blade announcement thread. Basically what I and may others have done is not have them oriented the same way. Cord on either side if that makes sense. It comes down the the way the leds were installed inside the device

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It comes down the the way the leds were installed inside the device
This dosen't make much sense.
The way the LEDs were installed?
Possibly, if this is referring to the layout of the circuit being poor.
In other words (their way or mine) a manufacturing error.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back