Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to BRS today, the site is a little bit confusing. Tank ordered with BRS 2-26 it says they take 2 business days to order it. If placed before Midnight Wed it gets shipped by the following Friday. I get a bunch of different answers to what following Friday means. Some say it was the 3rd others say it is the 10. Can see how people get frustrated with BRS when orderingsimple wiring could change that. I was told today with great explanation. Should have that guy write up the info for shipping on the RedSea pages of BRS. BRS orders the tanks throughout the week if placed before 11:59pm Tuesday night, which is Midnight Wed the tank will ship out Monday of the next week. In my case March 6. Then you won't know anything until a local shipping company receives it. Then they will schedule an appointment for delivery. It probably is different for each region. I'm in Tucson AZ and RedSea is in Dallas TX. It shouldn't take long for arrival since it isn't that far away from Tucson. Excitement builds for the joyous call informing me it's in my area. Maybe a little jpeg of a calendar in BRS website showing how it works.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When your tank is in town and you can't wait for it to get to your house. Nail biter.

I look at tracking every 5 minutes just to see the same status. Plus, I know they have to call first.:D

OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided I will call this tank the Wildcat Reefer. Since I live in Tucson, AZ - UofA is the big PAC 12 Team. I like the colors red and blue, so that will be my plumbing options. I will go with red pipe and blue fittings. I'm a little bummed I didn't get the white stand now. The wife's foot was put down and insisted on black. I'll make it work. I was contacted today for delivery scheduling. I will be in my hands on Tuesday. I need to get on the ball and start ordering the rest of my equipment. Pain in the pocketbook! Fun hobby though.

Avast

glavaron

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In lieu of the Apex check out the GHL Profilux 4. I had Apex and switched recently. I personally like the Profilux far better. Plus they have far superior customer service.

OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got here today. So excited for the new build.

Had a dent and you couldn't see it with all the saran wrap on it. Was a bit nervous, because I signed for it already. Had to open it up to inspect that the tank was still in one piece.

They pack it up so good it wasn't even a problem. RedSea really knows what they are doing in this game.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing are going good. Equipment coming in money flowing out. I assembled the cabinet. That thing rocks. Tried to start the hard plumbing, but need the tank on the cabinet. Got to find help getting it on top. Thinking about getting some suction cup carriers. Rock on the way here and under cabinet lighting is stuck on a UPS truck waiting to get delivered. Going to have some videos going up soon about the build check it out @ www.youtube.com/sithrico

OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted a new video today about the skimmer.
Went with the Reef Octopus Classic 110 INT. Rated for a 100-gallon tank. I believe it will be plenty enough for the 250. Trying to figure out how to get the JBJ 45 out of the way so I can move the cabinet in its place. Rock will be here in 3 days so I can start the Aquascape. Need to get some inspiration going. I want a minimal scape with good flow, unlike the JBJ scape. I need to start taking more picture of what's going on. Any ideas on flow for the 250? I'm thinking either one Gyre. Maybe IceCap 3K. Or, to choose two WP10. I want the good flow so I can keep the substrate clean and for good coral growth.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the help of my beautiful and strong wife, we managed to get the tank on the cabinet. We both thought it was going to be really heavy just from looks. To tell the truth the JBJ is lots heavier than the reefer. I love the look of the tank and cabinet together. Plus, the wife had some starfish decor laying around and hung them up next to the tank. It looks awesome.

For under the cabinet lighting I ordered a 16.5 foot LED strip and hung it on the inner perimeter of the cabinet and installed with 3M command strips. It came with a remote so I hung that on the inside front of the cabinet that way you can push the on button, and the remote isn't sticking out like a sore thumb.

BAM!!WHAT!! Let there be light. I'm very impressed with the lighting. It has double sided tape on the back of the LEDs and made for easy install. It makes it really easy to see what I'm doing inside the cabinet now.

Rockhead

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build following , and also starting one myself tank will be here Thursday. So I'm going simple kinda , my last tank had everything , controllers , cal reactor , every toy possible. Now going as simple as I can no controller a good all in one heater no reactors just media bags for gfo/carbon if needed, deltec 1351 skimmer and 2 mp40s and a xr30 gen4 on a reeflink.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been working on Aquascape for 4 days. Been using JB water weild and bsi super glue gel. Doing an awesome job of getting rock how and where I wanted them. Went to pick up to put in the Reefer. Bam it fell apart. Ordered some
E Marco 400 to bond the rocks better. Just waiting for it to arrive.

Aquascaping
by Anthony Rico, on Flickr

Aquascaping

Aquascaping

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back