Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its looking great Scott! They all look really healthy as well as the tank as a whole!

Thanks Ty! It should, a crap-load of stuff I have in there came from your's. :D

Speaking of which, the ASD Rainbow I received from you has the most jaw-dropping red colors compared to other rainbow millies. . . if I could just get it to grow!

lJzR9A5h.jpg

FarmerTy

Follow me on Instagram: black_label_aquatics
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ty! It should, a crap-load of stuff I have in there came from your's. :D

Speaking of which, the ASD Rainbow I received from you has the most jaw-dropping red colors compared to other rainbow millies. . . if I could just get it to grow!

lJzR9A5h.jpg
Just keep telling it is beautiful twice a day and it'll start growing for you. [emoji7][emoji7]

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

FarmerTy

Follow me on Instagram: black_label_aquatics
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Needle In a Haystack in a spot where there is very strong flow between two live rock islands. The light is probably lower than it likes as well. It has taken on an odd growth pattern with the main body very thick and wide and short tips. Normally this seems to grow more Red Dragon like in pictures I've seen.

mzK8RcEh.jpg

HLul3zMh.jpg

AS

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Needle In a Haystack in a spot where there is very strong flow between two live rock islands. The light is probably lower than it likes as well. It has taken on an odd growth pattern with the main body very thick and wide and short tips. Normally this seems to grow more Red Dragon like in pictures I've seen.

mzK8RcEh.jpg

HLul3zMh.jpg

Very cool growth pattern!

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this little guy all dried up on the carpet in the fish room. He had meticulously planned his escape for weeks, deciding on the best escape route, watching and analyzing my routine for when to make his break. Sometime last night he made his move, confident that he had considered all the contigencies.

Except one. Just one detail he hadn't considered: No one had told him there was no water on the other side. . .

KiN5aaQh.jpg

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to @FarmerTy for a beautiful additional frag of Oregon Tort to go with the first I had obtained from him. I put the two together so it actually looked like I had a bit larger piece since it is located in a prime real estate position. Interesting to note how much more deep and rich the color is from his system.

Also, mine developed a rough, bumpy surface after several months. Almost all my torts and shortcake acros have this. Not sure why.

g6t16o3h.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I just got a chance to look through the whole thread and the tank looks amazing. Great job with the plumbing and building a tank into the wall. Looks amazing!

Thanks! What I'm learning is the longer it goes and the more "stuff" you get the harder it is to do it right and make it look good. I'd be ashamed to show under the sump now! :eek:

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of adding stuff, I managed to final the plumbing of the 40w UV sterilizer I bought to help with the control of ich. I'm limited in my space so I mounted the unit above the tank. I'm running it with a Sicce Syncra Silent 2.5. I mounted the pump in the sump to limit noise.

Because I'm trying to use it to knock back ich I had to put the inlet in the display tank and not the sump. I put the intake about halfway down the tank on one side using 3/4" black pvc so it wasn't so noticeable. To avoid any potential problems in the sump with my main return pump I had to discharge the water into the DT as well and I have a return pipe placed in the opposite corner.

Of course, one thing leads to another, so with the extra heat now I have to run a set of cooling fans and have added a timer to turn off the UV when I have the lights at peak.

UI8G1V8h.jpg

z5nAm2hh.jpg

9tl41nUh.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this little guy all dried up on the carpet in the fish room. He had meticulously planned his escape for weeks, deciding on the best escape route, watching and analyzing my routine for when to make his break. Sometime last night he made his move, confident that he had considered all the contigencies.

Except one. Just one detail he hadn't considered: No one had told him there was no water on the other side. . .

KiN5aaQh.jpg

Sad, but your excellent story had me laughing.

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next tank I think I will do a little better with my rockwork. If I were to do it over I'd have used less rock, created more space in the middle and made the islands height's unequal. At this point I've got so many frags glued to it I'm not going to remove anything.

FTS with mostly blues/actinics:

3nDJFU5h.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next tank I think I will do a little better with my rockwork. If I were to do it over I'd have used less rock, created more space in the middle and made the islands height's unequal. At this point I've got so many frags glued to it I'm not going to remove anything.

FTS with mostly blues/actinics:

3nDJFU5h.jpg
Looking good. There will be a lot different view when the corals mature and create the unequal height you want.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back